The Student Room Group

UEA or Exeter for History?

Hi there,

So I have offers from these to but am unsure which to put as my firm. I know Exeter is better reputation wise but I have heard bad things about it, particularly about snobby people. My predeicted grades are AAB and that is what my offers are for both but I think ABB is more likely. So I was thinking if I firm UEA, then miss it by a grade its likely they could still let me in , whereas the same cannot be said for Exeter. What do you guys think is best? UEA has 100% student satisfaction , but Exeter has great indoor tennis courts. Arrr... its so tough to decide.
My brother's studying history at UEA and loves it. The city, the campus and course. The uni and teachers have been very helpful (he changed from Modern History to History for his third year with no problems). I think he missed the required marks but firmed UEA and they still took him, I doubt Exeter would do the same because they have a better reputation and mostly take Oxbridge rejects.
The best thing to do however is to visit both universities in person and have a look around for yourself.
Congratulations on the offers Gnatt27. Finn Clark it's great to hear your brother is loving his time studying History at UEA.

As you've mentioned our students enjoy their time at UEA, from the teaching to their student-life, as UEA is a great place to live and study with a friendly campus community atmosphere.

Our BA History course has a 100% satisfaction rating and as a university we've been consistently in the top-five for student satisfaction in the National Student Survey, which is voted for by students showing students enjoy their teaching and their student life here at UEA. Take a look at the video below for a flavour of what student life is like at UEA:

[video="youtube;FuiyHqxvK8A"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuiyHqxvK8A[/video]

UEA has award-winning sports facilities in the Sportspark on campus, including six floodlit tennis courts and we also have a tennis club (which is just one of over two hundred clubs and societies for you to be a part of). So there's plenty of time for you to get on the tennis court alongside studying History here at UEA.
UEA is better for sure, but both are top uni's.
Reply 4
Original post by Iscodisco
UEA is better for sure, but both are top uni's.

Thanks for the reply. What makes it better?
Reply 5
Original post by University of East Anglia
Congratulations on the offers Gnatt27. Finn Clark it's great to hear your brother is loving his time studying History at UEA.

As you've mentioned our students enjoy their time at UEA, from the teaching to their student-life, as UEA is a great place to live and study with a friendly campus community atmosphere.

Our BA History course has a 100% satisfaction rating and as a university we've been consistently in the top-five for student satisfaction in the National Student Survey, which is voted for by students showing students enjoy their teaching and their student life here at UEA. Take a look at the video below for a flavour of what student life is like at UEA:

[video="youtube;FuiyHqxvK8A"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuiyHqxvK8A[/video]

UEA has award-winning sports facilities in the Sportspark on campus, including six floodlit tennis courts and we also have a tennis club (which is just one of over two hundred clubs and societies for you to be a part of). So there's plenty of time for you to get on the tennis court alongside studying History here at UEA.

Thanks for the reply. It was a hard decision and it took me until yesturday evening to eventually put Exeter as my firm and UEA as my insurance. Would I have a good chance in getting in to study History if I got ABB ( plus B in EPQ)?
Reply 6
Original post by Finn Clark
My brother's studying history at UEA and loves it. The city, the campus and course. The uni and teachers have been very helpful (he changed from Modern History to History for his third year with no problems). I think he missed the required marks but firmed UEA and they still took him, I doubt Exeter would do the same because they have a better reputation and mostly take Oxbridge rejects.
The best thing to do however is to visit both universities in person and have a look around for yourself.

Thanks for the reply. I have visited both and ended up putting Exeter as my firm with UEA my insurance, but it was very tough
Reply 7
Original post by Gnatt27
Thanks for the reply. I have visited both and ended up putting Exeter as my firm with UEA my insurance, but it was very tough

which one did u end up going to?

Quick Reply

Latest