Turn on thread page Beta

I need some help with writing the User Manual and Appraisal for my A-Level Computing Coursework

ReputationRep:
    Well I finished my A2 computing last year, got a B in my coursework which was cool, you have to realise that you get more marks for the write up than you do for the actual program.

The easiest thing to do is a stock control cause you can use access and it doesn't require a whole lot of VB, most of the code are already in there but if you use ready made codes you have to specifiy that. Get your specification from your sylabus and use their titles and cross things off as you do them to make sure you cover everything. I did a stock control for the chemistry labs, even though they wouldn't use it, try and speak to them to get the feel of a real user because making up one will produce weaknesses in your write up because there are some user needs you can't anticipate. Look at other peopls work don't worry if theres are bigger cause mine wasn't even 100 pages, most of it will end up being screen shots and code. You could do stock controll for the IT section for all the computers printers etc, at least that'll mean you don't have to go too far for data.

If you need anything else just ask!

Hi Ya angel_noiruk u say u did As computing last year and got a B for it. i'm doing As at the moment and i'm finding it very hard to do my coursework can u please help me pleaseeeeeeeeeeee.

I really do need to pass my As computing, i know it not ur responsilibility to help me but would u????

ReputationRep:
    I did the full a-level erm sure If u really want me too!

Yes please if u can that would be very helpful. i'm so behind.................
    thank you ever so much

can we contact through email if that ok with u

my email is [email protected] which.sch.uk

what about ur???????/

again thank u very much u don't know how much i needed it

Amy

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I just read your thread, and I handed my coursework in not too long ago, so i hope im not too late!
    Im not gonna do the things for you, but ill give you some tips:

USER MANUAL: go through your program, put a screen dump of every form, explaining to the user how the program works and how to navigate through the program - and make sure you put something about error-handling (ie explain what error messages you have). Dont forget to at the end put a paragraph about contacting you if errors occur that arent previously explained in the user manual.

APPRAISAL: basically, this is feedback. Explain how you could improve your project further, and how you could improve user needs, and refer to the user feedback letter.

I hope this helps, if you're still stuck, refer to the syllabus, and the headings should be there for each section

ReputationRep:
    my e-mail addy is [email protected]

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.