Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Retaking A2 modules..? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    After applying to do history at university with ABB needed for my first choice, and BBB needed for my second, I then proceeded to flop two of my modules in getting two E's ending up with BBC, with the C in History, missing the B by ten marks.

Both of them then rejected me and I thought about going into clearing, but basically none of the Universities really appeal to me that are left, and so I was thinking about re-doing the 2 modules (one of which was coursework) as all I need to do is get both up to just a mid-D in able to get a B overall.

Is it possible to take these modules again? ANd how would the universities look at this, considering I have two definite B's, and barring disaster, a third shouldn't be too difficult to achieve. Would they prefer this, or would they dislike me applying again?

ReputationRep:
    I think that they would see it as determination on your part and thus look favorably on you.

ReputationRep:
    I ended up with 3 B's on Thursday but I really need AAB to get into the universities I want to go to (I want to do English). I withdrew from UCAS so I could apply with my results this year to make it easier, and I spoke to a teacher at my college today about retaking two modules, one from English Literature and one from Law. I just hope the unis I apply to accept the fact that I'm trying really hard!

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.