The Student Room Group

Retaking A2 modules..?

After applying to do history at university with ABB needed for my first choice, and BBB needed for my second, I then proceeded to flop two of my modules in getting two E's ending up with BBC, with the C in History, missing the B by ten marks.

Both of them then rejected me and I thought about going into clearing, but basically none of the Universities really appeal to me that are left, and so I was thinking about re-doing the 2 modules (one of which was coursework) as all I need to do is get both up to just a mid-D in able to get a B overall.

Is it possible to take these modules again? ANd how would the universities look at this, considering I have two definite B's, and barring disaster, a third shouldn't be too difficult to achieve. Would they prefer this, or would they dislike me applying again?
Reply 1
I think that they would see it as determination on your part and thus look favorably on you.
Reply 2
I ended up with 3 B's on Thursday but I really need AAB to get into the universities I want to go to (I want to do English). I withdrew from UCAS so I could apply with my results this year to make it easier, and I spoke to a teacher at my college today about retaking two modules, one from English Literature and one from Law. I just hope the unis I apply to accept the fact that I'm trying really hard! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending