The Student Room Group

What A levels go well together?

I'm in year 11 and I have chosen to take Sociology, History and English Literature for my A levels. Do these options complement each other well? and what field of work/university would these enable me to go into?
Original post by Kleigh01
I'm in year 11 and I have chosen to take Sociology, History and English Literature for my A levels. Do these options complement each other well? and what field of work/university would these enable me to go into?

Those subjects go well together. English lit and history in particular are strong subjects.
You could do quite a few things at uni with those.
hat sort of career area are you interested in?
Reply 2
sociology goes well with literature while literature goes well with both , anyways good choice
Reply 3
Original post by Emma:-)
Those subjects go well together. English lit and history in particular are strong subjects.
You could do quite a few things at uni with those.
hat sort of career area are you interested in?

I'm not quite sure, but I'm interested in travel
Do what you'll do best in, and keep in mind what courses you want to do, and what they ask for. This is the best advice you will get.
Depends on what you want to do.

Engineering: Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and Physics

Economics/Finance: Maths, Further Maths, Economics, Business studies and Government and Politics

Medicine: Chemistry and any 2 of Maths, Further Maths, Biology or Physics (ideally Maths, Chemistry and Biology)

You get the idea.

Quick Reply

Latest