The Student Room Group

Professional Working refrences

Hi,
I have worked in a secondary school as a Teaching assistant and they only supply one reference. I have worked in a nursery as it is a private small nursery. The staff is not very nice and I don't expect them to even give me a good reference.I used to volunteer but have stopped since they wanted me to volunteer over five days. It was awful. I am looking for someone who could give me a professional reference.
You might as well ask them for a reference even if they aren't very nice as you are not allowed to give bad references, therefore if they have nothing good to say they just won't provide a reference. A professional reference should come from someone you have worked for.
Employers won't generally give bad references. They have to be honest, so if you worked well, then they have no reason to give a bad reference. References have to be accurate and detail what work you did. However, the reference won't be glowing, like if you made a positive impact on the company. You can get in touch with your previous employers to see if they would give you a reference for the job.

Did you leave on bad terms with the volunteering? Sometimes people have issues with schedules, so volunteering also has a high turnover. If you worked well during your time, I don't see this as a problem.

If this is still a big concern, you could start a new volunteer placement and use this to get a good reference.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending