Questionnaire - can you please answer these Watch

si122
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Questions asked about Technological singularity:
1) Do you know what technological singularity is? -------if not ------ The technological singularity is the hypothesis that the invention of artificial super intelligence will abruptly trigger runaway technological growth, resulting in unfathomable changes to human civilisation.
2) How do you think it would affect us in our day-today lives once it occurs?
3) Should we take precautions
4) Do you think of technological singularity will benefit us in a way?
5) Why do you think this?
6) Are there any drawbacks to technological singularity?
7) What types of safety measures would you take that the technological singularity supposed that artificial intelligence would take over human control?
8) How would you feel if you were told that you have been replaced by a robot at the place your working for?
9) Why do you think technological singularity will occur? Or if you don’t then why?
10) Do you encourage technological singularity?
squirrology
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by si122)
Questions asked about Technological singularity:
1) Do you know what technological singularity is? -------if not ------ The technological singularity is the hypothesis that the invention of artificial super intelligence will abruptly trigger runaway technological growth, resulting in unfathomable changes to human civilisation.
2) How do you think it would affect us in our day-today lives once it occurs?
3) Should we take precautions
4) Do you think of technological singularity will benefit us in a way?
5) Why do you think this?
6) Are there any drawbacks to technological singularity?
7) What types of safety measures would you take that the technological singularity supposed that artificial intelligence would take over human control?
8) How would you feel if you were told that you have been replaced by a robot at the place your working for?
9) Why do you think technological singularity will occur? Or if you don’t then why?
10) Do you encourage technological singularity?
1) No, I do not.
2) Many people would be made redundant. Robots will be the main people of society instead of humans due to their incredible intelligence.
3) Yes
4) Yes to a certain extent
5) They could help us solve various issues i.e; cure for various diseases
6) Humans may end up becoming controlled by robots like how we control them now.as they are highly intelligent. Unpredictable of their motives, Robots could take over the world or help us come up with solutions to our problems.
7) Maybe reduce the production of Robots per year
8) Obviously, I would be extremely angry as I would have no job, there would be no way to pay for bills and my basic needs.
9) Yes, at the moment it is looking impossible for it to happen, but who knows maybe in the coming future, robots will be our best friends.
10) I do not encourage technological singularity, I think it would impact our society negatively to a great extent.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (35)
14.29%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (21)
8.57%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (50)
20.41%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (36)
14.69%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (30)
12.24%
How can I be the best version of myself? (73)
29.8%

Watched Threads