The Student Room Group

Is it enough?

Hey Guys :smile:

Do you think working for like 5-6 Pounds an hour, for 35 hours a week, knowing I can be promoted to 10 pounds/hour, is ok?

I kinda am broke so yeah...

Also, accommodation costs like 167 pounds per month....

can I live on this money?
Original post by anotheruserontsr
Hey Guys :smile:

Do you think working for like 5-6 Pounds an hour, for 35 hours a week, knowing I can be promoted to 10 pounds/hour, is ok?

I kinda am broke so yeah...

Also, accommodation costs like 167 pounds per month....

can I live on this money?

It's not gonna be fun but you gotta do what you gotta do I guess. 35 hours can be quite taxing, that's like a full time job... that's if you forget about your studying time. Is part time an option?

It may be worth taking a gap year to save up or looking not scholarships at uni.. if that's what this is for.
Original post by Kevin De Bruyne
It's not gonna be fun but you gotta do what you gotta do I guess. 35 hours can be quite taxing, that's like a full time job... that's if you forget about your studying time. Is part time an option?

It may be worth taking a gap year to save up or looking not scholarships at uni.. if that's what this is for.

Well I found another job offer, 20 hours per week, for 7.5 pounds/hour. What do you say?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by anotheruserontsr
Well I found another job offer, 20 hours per week, for 7.5 pounds/hour. What do you say?

Sounds a bit better..
Do you have any other income? Because it's pretty easy to work out that working 20 hours per week on 7.50 per hour wouldn't cover your accommodation let alone give you spare money to live on.
Yes I agree, the 20 hours job sounds better. It will give you a good amount to help you live at university, but it also means you have the time to focus on your degree and social activities.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending