The Student Room Group

What course shall i pick at college for midwifery???

The courses i have chosen are...
-Level 3 [Subsidiary] Diploma Health & Social
- Biology A level
- Psychology A level
- Sociology A level

The uni i want to study at in the future requires DDD in BTEC National Diploma, what does this mean?

Are the courses that i have picked alright for BTEC national diploma that requires DDD????

Please answer, its important i pick the right ones :smile:
Original post by tasrina1013
The courses i have chosen are...
-Level 3 [Subsidiary] Diploma Health & Social
- Biology A level
- Psychology A level
- Sociology A level

The uni i want to study at in the future requires DDD in BTEC National Diploma, what does this mean?

Are the courses that i have picked alright for BTEC national diploma that requires DDD????

Please answer, its important i pick the right ones :smile:

Looks like you're looking at the BTEC requirements - on the entry read page, is there an option for A-levels? I see you're doing 1 BTEC but I'm not sure how that maps to entry requirements on its own.
Reply 2
There is no A levels entry requirement only BTEC, go on the university of Salford website and look at entry requirements for midwifery (156) weeks
Email/phone the Admissions Office and ask them
Reply 4
The requirements listed are for the BTEC thats worth the equivalent of 3 A levels (Extended/National Diploma) however, you are doing a combination of the BTEC Subsidiary Diploma (Worth 1 A level) and A levels, many unis dont seem to list the required grades for all the BTEC variants.

As they accept the BTEC Extended, most likely they will accept the Subsidiary, what they'll probably do is make you an offer based on the equivalent grades between the BTEC and A level, i.e.
Distinction* = A*
Distinction = A
Merit = C
Pass = E

However, you're still best off emailing admission to make sure

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by tasrina1013
There is no A levels entry requirement only BTEC, go on the university of Salford website and look at entry requirements for midwifery (156) weeks

It lists UCAS points as an entry requirement, you just have to work out what grades in the combination of your qualifications equal the required number (112-128)

where:
(A level/BTEC)
A*/D* = 56
A/Dist = 48
B = 40
C/M = 32
D = 24
E/P = 16

Quick Reply