The Student Room Group

Trinity College Dublin: Irish Writing MPhil?

Hi all! I'm just finishing up my undergraduate and looking to pursue a master's degree in literature. My top choice program is Irish Writing MPhil at Trinity. I've searched the forums here and it doesn't seem like there has been a lot of talk about it. Just wondering if anyone has any experience/knowledge about it. Are admissions very competitive? Any general tips for submitting applications?
Original post by bluejay96
Hi all! I'm just finishing up my undergraduate and looking to pursue a master's degree in literature. My top choice program is Irish Writing MPhil at Trinity. I've searched the forums here and it doesn't seem like there has been a lot of talk about it. Just wondering if anyone has any experience/knowledge about it. Are admissions very competitive? Any general tips for submitting applications?

It's very difficult to say how competitive admissions will be as it depends on a number of factors. The main thing you can control and thus should focus on is your own application. Check that you meet the entry requirements. Then think about your personal statement and refs. In terms of strengthening your application think about the skills and experience they're looking for. Also have a look at what will be taught and read around those topics. Finally have a look at the course, dept and uni pages and work out what is unique about them that you can talk about in your PS that will show how enthusiastic you are about them and that you've done your homework.
Hello! Do the applicant need to contact a potential supervisor before applying as many other universities require that? But I don't see anything about it on MPhil Irish Writing web page. Thank you very much!
Original post by Latanya Z
Hello! Do the applicant need to contact a potential supervisor before applying as many other universities require that? But I don't see anything about it on MPhil Irish Writing web page. Thank you very much!

Do you need to submit a research proposal? If not then no. If yes then yes.
Reply 4
No. I applied and was accepted onto the MPhil. There is no need to submit any proposals or contact particular faculty.
Original post by alleycat393
Do you need to submit a research proposal? If not then no. If yes then yes.

Thank you very much.
Original post by lt096
No. I applied and was accepted onto the MPhil. There is no need to submit any proposals or contact particular faculty.

Thank you very much. One more question. May I ask that when you submitted your application and how long it took to receive the offer(if you don't mind telling me)?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending