THEgurlxo
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey is anyone who's in year 10 doing the new edexcel 9-1 science course official mocks??? They're next week, biology on Tuesday, chemistry on Wednesday, and physics on Thursday. They wont count towards the gcse, they're just going to give an idea of the new GCSE. Is anyone else's school doing them?
R_S30
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by THEgurlxo)
Hey is anyone who's in year 10 doing the new edexcel 9-1 science course official mocks??? They're next week, biology on Tuesday, chemistry on Wednesday, and physics on Thursday. They wont count towards the gcse, they're just going to give an idea of the new GCSE. Is anyone else's school doing them?
Yeah 😳. Going to be spending the weekend pretty much just doing the sample papers.
THEgurlxo
Rep:
?
(Original post by R_S30)
Yeah 😳. Going to be spending the weekend pretty much just doing the sample papers.
ive already done the specimen papers so i don't know what to do. Its so hard finding material for this course, have you found anything else other than those? :boring:
R_S30
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
ive already done the specimen papers so i don't know what to do. Its so hard finding material for this course, have you found anything else other than those? :boring:
Have you got the new 9-1 revision guides and workbooks? Try those as they will probably have the types of questions that are going to come up.

They're really useful since a lot of the questions tend to repeat themselves, from what I've seen with papers from the old GCSEs. It's really hard trying to find a proper way to revise without the old papers.

Do you think that the markscheme is really awkward for some questions? I feel like the questions really aren't clear on what they need us to do, for example, they want us to "explain" on a "describe" question.
ederica
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey sitting my first Mocks on Tuesday and superstressed about it any suggestions for good website for revision please
R_S30
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ederica)
Hey sitting my first Mocks on Tuesday and superstressed about it any suggestions for good website for revision please
I use Pearson active learn. It has all of the new textbooks, whether you do combined or triple science. Good luck, I'm doing the same tests 😊.
THEgurlxo
Rep:
?
(Original post by R_S30)
I use Pearson active learn. It has all of the new textbooks, whether you do combined or triple science. Good luck, I'm doing the same tests 😊.
has your school given you a username and activelearn? cause i only have it for my Spanish gcse. today im just going to use the specimen papers, ill do the higher ones and the combined ones
R_S30
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
has your school given you a username and activelearn? cause i only have it for my Spanish gcse. today im just going to use the specimen papers, ill do the higher ones and the combined ones
Yeah, I have a username. I'm not sure whether you can use it for all subjects. If not, PM me and I could give you mine for science.
THEgurlxo
Rep:
?
(Original post by R_S30)
Yeah, I have a username. I'm not sure whether you can use it for all subjects. If not, PM me and I could give you mine for science.
oh my god thank you so much please, that would be so helpful. and no i think mine is only Spanish, cause when i log on it only says "Viva! Edexcel" which is the Spanish textbook we use, so.
Mosope17
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Its tommorow. Eek
Saintye
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
link for specimen papers?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bishop Grosseteste University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 15 Nov '19
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19
  • University of Roehampton
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (15)
68.18%
No (7)
31.82%

Watched Threads