Chemistry AQA 9-1
Physics AQA 9-1
Mathematics Edexcel 9-1
Geography Edexcel B 9-1
History AQA 9-1
RE Edexcel B 9-1
Spanish AQA 9-1
Arabic Edexcel A*-G

So my question really is I don't want to be stressing this time next year about exams as I see threads on TSR everyday about this and see current Year 11's in my school really stressing over their exams and I don't want to be on in that situation.

Has anyone got any tips regarding this that I can do whilst exams are a year away. E.g. Flashcards

Thanks!
That'sGreat
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
There's no point
FLM2318
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
There's no point in doing hard core revision now because your exams, as you mentioned, are a year away.

However, for now, just focus on taking good notes in class, and asking for clarification asap on topics and concepts you don't understand, and creating revision resources you can work from by the time you go into Year 11 and to revise for mocks, the real exams etc. The benefit of doing this is that you won't be wasting time filling in gaps on things you didn't make notes on and thus, leaves you ample time to learn, revise and consolidate everything you've learned.

As for when you need to revise, start around your first set of mock exams in Year 11. Don't go hard core straight away though, instead increase the amount of time you need to revise as the exam dates get closer, ie start light and then increase it throughout the year.

Hope this helps!
FLM2318
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (46)
40.35%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (21)
18.42%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (6)
5.26%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (10)
8.77%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (10)
8.77%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (9)
7.89%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (12)
10.53%

Watched Threads