Turn on thread page Beta

Drivin! Wots the avaerage number of lessons to have! watch

ReputationRep:
    Ive just had my first driving lesson right now, and woz wondering what the average number of lesson is.

The lessons are £18, and so it gets expensive if theirs too many, especially as i have to pay for them on my own!

So what do you reckon, considering i havnt had my theory test yet either, and never had any driving expereince?

ReputationRep:
    Not sure what the average is.
    I had 17

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    Not sure what the average is.
    I had 17
    Is that with extra practice on the side. And did you pass your driving test.

ReputationRep:
    I passed after 12 lessons, my instructor was quite apprehensive about the fact that I'd taken so few. THe average I believe is around the 30 mark, though it's not a definite figure as people may need more or less lessons, speak to your instructor about your progress.

IF your finding it too expensive, go local, £18 ehh? I'm thinking you went with the main stream companies like AA or RAC. Go locally, they only charge like £15 and you may find that they are better in terms of quality as they give you all their attention unlike the big names.

ReputationRep:
    i had millions :rolleyes: only cos it took me that long to learn. had no practise at home though. was learning for about 9months

ReputationRep:
    "lessons", that doesn't describe how long they are! I think that the average driver should pass after 50 hours, something like that. It's expensive whatever happens. And theory tests only last for two years, make sure you pass your practical before that runs out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tazzie)
    Ive just had my first driving lesson right now, and woz wondering what the average number of lesson is.

The lessons are £18, and so it gets expensive if theirs too many, especially as i have to pay for them on my own!

So what do you reckon, considering i havnt had my theory test yet either, and never had any driving expereince?
    average i would think about 25 lessons

ReputationRep:
    If you can't afford to pay for lessons how do you imagine you'll afford to drive?! It just gets more expensive, believe me!!

If you're worried about money I'd recommend doing an intensive course, where you have a specified number of lessons and your driving test at the end.

ReputationRep:
    Not an intensive course! If you fail at the end of the course, you'll have to wait months for another test, during which time you'll probably want to pay for more lessons. Find a friend who has a driving instructor for a dad, worked for me, cheap lessons, when it suited me

ReputationRep:
    25 lessons is average

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I've got my test date, and had a real **** lesson today! So far I've had over 50 lessons.

Do any learners want to share their driving lesson experience on my driving forum? Are there any experienced drivers out there who are interested in being a Moderator and helping out?? Please let me know.

Regards
    Kirsty
    www.good2drive.com

ReputationRep:
    50-60

ReputationRep:
    20 lessons:

Failed

27 Lessons:

Failed

Passed 3rd time :O.

hehe

ReputationRep:
    In Brunei, people pass in 10 hours... while slow people like me should take more than 20. It's basically the same test as the British one, except that the parking has been modified to parking in 4 different styles.

ReputationRep:
    I had about 25, a little under average which over here is about 30 hours I believe. There is no golden rule, your instructor will tell you when you are ready to book your test and it doesn;t matter how many lessons you have as long as you reach the driving standard agencies requirements on the test day.

Extra practice is always good, lessons are expensive, mine were also £18 but I knew people paying £24 for theirs :eek:

ReputationRep:
    DVLA reccomend 30. I had 20 before I passed but that becasue I drove with my dad, (illegally). :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I had 65 lessons at £19/hr. I has lots of practice driving my parents car and only passed on my 3rd test - just under a year after first starting. It was easier to get 5As at A2 and get into Oxford than it was to pass that test!
    Thankfully I was not paying - I don't think my Dad knew what he was getting into when he agreed to pay for driving lessons!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilsunflower)
    In Brunei, people pass in 10 hours... while slow people like me should take more than 20. It's basically the same test as the British one, except that the parking has been modified to parking in 4 different styles.
    What are the four styles?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InterCity125)
    I had 65 lessons at £19/hr. I has lots of practice driving my parents car and only passed on my 3rd test - just under a year after first starting. It was easier to get 5As at A2 and get into Oxford than it was to pass that test!
    Thankfully I was not paying - I don't think my Dad knew what he was getting into when he agreed to pay for driving lessons!!
    65???? Why so many??? I guess its good for practice though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Caddie)
    65???? Why so many??? I guess its good for practice though.
    oh i had about that hehe. i was rubbish at learning to drive, and didn't have any extra practise at home.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.