ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neas)
    20 lessons:

Failed

27 Lessons:

Failed

Passed 3rd time :O.

hehe
    The best drivers pass 3rd time round. It's annoying in a test when you make one stupid mistake (i got 1 major and 2 minors in my second test) and you know it's gonna cost you another £150 or so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Caddie)
    65???? Why so many??? I guess its good for practice though.
    I'm a rubbish driver!!
    I really don't know. First test - 1 major - tried to turn left from the right-hand lane of a r'bout. 2nd test - moved off in 3Rd gear - twice.
    My dad started comming on lessons in case he was being ripped off - he wasn't just that I made silly errors for no good reason.
    I was sick of motor-cars and all their working by the time I did my last test.

ReputationRep:
    Do the theory test certificates last 1 year or 2 years?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Do the theory test certificates last 1 year or 2 years?
    Two!

And reading this thread hs made me nervous now, my test is October 1st!

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I had 6

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Investmentboy)
    I had 6
    Wow! Did you have any private practice or off-road time at all?

ReputationRep:
    I think the DSA recommends 38-40 hours.

ReputationRep:
    I had 12 lessons and passed first time with 2 minors.

ReputationRep:
    The posters in the test centre when I was there (the one that also states the top 10 reasons for failing - so comforting when you're about to go on yours!) says they recommend 40 hours of lessons plus extra practise.

I honestly don't how many lessons I had *LoL* more than 40 but then I had no extra practise cause neither of my parents drive. I passed 3rd time (on Tuesday ) ... my first test I was just a complete nervous wreck and because I'd been away at uni I hadn't drive for ages ... the second one I failed for being over hesitant ... third time lucky and it's so true what someone said earlier about the best drivers passing third time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Emmz-)
    I passed 3rd time (on Tuesday ) ...
    well done!!!

ReputationRep:
    here it is opal!

ReputationRep:
    I've had ten lessons so far and don't know how many more it will take to get me to test standard. My instructor reckons though that if you practice,say in your parent's car you will probably need less. The only thing is though I'm a bit apprihensive about going out in my mum's car without dual controls.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Tazzie. It was really useful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by opal)
    I've had ten lessons so far and don't know how many more it will take to get me to test standard. My instructor reckons though that if you practice,say in your parent's car you will probably need less. The only thing is though I'm a bit apprihensive about going out in my mum's car without dual controls.
    well if youve had 10 lessons, youre probably confident about the basic instructions and things, so i dont think it'l be too bad in ure parents car. But if youre not sure, well just carrying on having the lessons, nand ull get ure practice there.
    imm off to my lesson now actually. bye!

ReputationRep:
    I took about 35, paid for the test, went up. The examiner asked to look at my lights, well the instructers lights as it was his car, I did what she said only to find out that one of them wasn't working. My instructer came back had all different light bulbs apart from the ones I needed. I didn't even get in the car or anything, had to pay for a new test another £39 I think. Was extremely annoyed. :mad: But I passed that one!

ReputationRep:
    Have a good lesson Tazzie

ReputationRep:
    I've had about eight lessons so far. The last two have been in my Mum's car without dual controls. You'll probably be OK to practice with your parents after 10 lessons so long as you don't get too adventurous and try driving in heavy traffic or stuff like that. Might be best just to go somewhere quiet and practice three point turns, reversing round a corner etc.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Did you have lessons in your mum's car with your instructor or just your parents?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juno_the)
    Two!

And reading this thread hs made me nervous now, my test is October 1st!

I got my test on October 1st aswell! Good luck!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 6, 2004
Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.