The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Anyone planning to study Politics at UEA ?

I want to get to know some of my future classmates beforehand.
Me. I'll be doing Politics & Philosophy joint course.
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by PhantomHill
Me. I'll be doing Politics & Philosophy joint course.

Finally, i'm no longer alone. Why did you decide to study Politics and Philosophy at UEA??
Multiple reasons, based final decision on lots of stat comparisons from different sites. Also factored in the modules, area and other things. Would have been philosophy and politics no matter where I went though. How about you?
Reply 4
Multiple reasons, based final decision on lots of stat comparisons from different sites. Also factored in the modules, area and other things. Would have been philosophy and politics no matter where I went though. How about you?

The same reasons as you really, the modules, Norwich, student satisfaction etc. Do you know what you plan to do once you've completed the course??
I'm not certain yet. I like writing, I'd like to be an author or journalist, or a teacher/lecturer. Are you still considering a foundation year or are you just gonna dive right in?
Reply 6
I'm not certain yet. I like writing, I'd like to be an author or journalist, or a teacher/lecturer. Are you still considering a foundation year or are you just gonna dive right in?

I've decided to just dive right in to be honest. I plan to do a masters right after i complete my undergraduate, so adding the cost of a foundation year to the already massive debt i'm gonna accumulate doesn't seem like a smart idea.

Did you ever consider a foundation year or did you always feel that you were ready to the start the course immediately?
I did an Access course rather than Foundation
Hey there,

I'm already at UEA but looking to change courses in 2017 to International Relations and Politics, so it's likely we may share some classes.
Reply 9
Original post by jgoddard08
Hey there,

I'm already at UEA but looking to change courses in 2017 to International Relations and Politics, so it's likely we may share some classes.

Hi, so how have you found UEA so far and what prompted you to switch to International Relations & Politics?
Original post by Jayarsmith
Hi, so how have you found UEA so far and what prompted you to switch to International Relations & Politics?

UEA was definately the right choice of uni for me and I've really enjoyed it, but the course I did wasn't. I was attracted to International Relations and Politics because I like the freedom given with the modules, the diversity of modules available and the extra focus on the international element. Previously I did law and found it okay mostly but wasn't isn't really representative of what I want to do with my life.

UEA is good because of the variety of things you can do. Theres hundreds of clubs and societies to choose from, work available on campus, the LCR and Red/Blue bars are awesome and everything is pretty convenient.

If you have any questions about UEA or Norwich, feel free to dm me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending