A451 Computing exam Watch

username2445259
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I have a terrible teacher who doesn't know anything. I was confused on what we need to know and got lost when using revision guides, the spec and computer science tutor on YouTube. My question is though do I need to know stuff about embedded systems or the different types of standards there are because I'm very confused on what I need to know. I should note that the exam board is ocr and it is the 2012 spec which will be the last time it will be used.
YourGoddamnRight
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by RealMadrid01)
I have a terrible teacher who doesn't know anything. I was confused on what we need to know and got lost when using revision guides, the spec and computer science tutor on YouTube. My question is though do I need to know stuff about embedded systems or the different types of standards there are because I'm very confused on what I need to know. I should note that the exam board is ocr and it is the 2012 spec which will be the last time it will be used.
Look at the specification, it will tell you what you need to revise:

look at pages 6- 11:

http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/72936-specification.pdf
username2445259
Rep:
?
(Original post by YourGoddamnRight)
Look at the specification, it will tell you what you need to revise:

look at pages 6- 11:

http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/72936-specification.pdf
I have but it's very vague like sometimes you may need to go furthermore in detail. For example where it says adheranece to standards I was wondering if you need to go in depth and learn de facto standards etc or is that too complicated
YourGoddamnRight
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You do need to know standards, e.g de jure, de facto, open, proprietary. You would need to know topology, ethical cultural and environmental issues, logic circuits, binary, hex, defensive systems, peer to peer networks, lans, wans, roms, rams, cpu, the computer and its components, storage systems, psuedocode, flow diagram, other algorithims, data handling/ sorting, data types, variables, and constants, testing, security threats, protocols, operators, arrays, storing data.

Thats about it.

Spoiler:
Show

bit messy, soz.
username2445259
Rep:
?
(Original post by YourGoddamnRight)
You do need to know standards, e.g de jure, de facto, open, proprietary. You would need to know topology, ethical cultural and environmental issues, logic circuits, binary, hex, defensive systems, peer to peer networks, lans, wans, roms, rams, cpu, the computer and its components, storage systems, psuedocode, flow diagram, other algorithims, data handling/ sorting, data types, variables, and constants, testing, security threats, protocols, operators, arrays, storing data.

Thats about it.

Spoiler:
Show

bit messy, soz.

Oh ok then thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

What are your favourite crisps?