The Student Room Group

tescos job application customer assistant questionaire

apparently these are notorious for having multiple similar seeming answers but only having one right answer. the questions have changed since the last thread on this subject but if anyone knows the "answers" i would greatly appreciate it because then they will be willing to actually look at my application.
Reply 1
for the record the questions actually start at number 10 and they are as follows
10 A customer asks you about their dotcom order, you don’t know much about it because that is a different department that you have not worked in. What do you do?

11 You have just helped a customer find the crumpets and they continue to chat to you about what they have been doing that day. You need to finish refilling the bakery. How do you respond?

12 A member of your team is preparing a customer promotion. She has just been asked to help on checkouts and asks if you could take over. You are currently helping a customer. How do you respond?

13 You are tidying an aisle when you hear a couple behind you discussing prosecco for a party this evening. What do you do?

14 You are still getting to know your team when your manager asks you whether you would like to help out in another department. How do you react?

15 A customer asks about a particular type of corn flakes, we have sold out of that particular brand. How do you respond?
i would give you the answers however i recently got invited for an interview from tesco at one store and got rejected from another store which is weird because i put the same answers for both...just try your best, just think of stuff like putting the customer first and teamwork and i think you should be fine.
Reply 3
Original post by bubblegumcat
i would give you the answers however i recently got invited for an interview from tesco at one store and got rejected from another store which is weird because i put the same answers for both...just try your best, just think of stuff like putting the customer first and teamwork and i think you should be fine.

i appreciate your fast answer but i'm struggling to think what i'm doing wrong and have put 4 variations down with no success if you are willing i would appreciate knowing what you put so i can compare. :smile:
Original post by m4tty flesh
i appreciate your fast answer but i'm struggling to think what i'm doing wrong and have put 4 variations down with no success if you are willing i would appreciate knowing what you put so i can compare. :smile:

could you send me the questions and i'll let you know what answers i put :smile: also check that other parts of your application are ok as well
and this is my 1st attempt with the image made a lil bit smaller
try 1 1st attempt.png

change the answers to the last two question , i remember putting down something along the lines of being happy to work in the other department and recommending the tesco brand of cereal to the customer. I don't know if my answers are correct btw bc like i said earlier i got rejected from one store but invited for an interview to another, guess it depends of number of applicants maybe?
Reply 6
change the answers to the last two question , i remember putting down something along the lines of being happy to work in the other department and recommending the tesco brand of cereal to the customer. I don't know if my answers are correct btw bc like i said earlier i got rejected from one store but invited for an interview to another, guess it depends of number of applicants maybe?

appreciate you help friend :smile: thanks for giving me your time.
Reply 7

it worked. thanks you absolute legend :smile:u legend.png
Reply 8
Yes, it's such a good idea to publicly show your national insurance number.
it worked. thanks you absolute legend :smile:u legend.png

oh that's great well done :smile: i didn't realise the test is something you have to initially pass just so the application could be sent off
Original post by Async
Yes, it's such a good idea to publicly show your national insurance number.

yeah ive noticed but its not allowing me to remove the image :/
oh that's great well done :smile: i didn't realise the test is something you have to initially pass just so the application could be sent off

yeah it seems a lil silly but again i really appreciate your help. tbh i would have thought that offering them tescos own brand when they've asked for a specific brand would annoy them but i guess that's Tesco policy and decision.
Reply 12
I must admit the last time I went forvan interview I got arrested because after much frustration with lots of stupid question I knocked the two :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: out with a few blows to theirvstupid question asking heads , they also banned me from shopping at the store as well barstards
Reply 13

Hi there

Can you please help me out with the new questions and answers?

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4725922

Thanks
Original post by username1333513

Hello,
I'm trying to complete the online questionairre now and they still have these same questions.
I can't see your attachement of the answers, is there any chance you can send it to me or tell me the answers again?
I previously worked for Tesco for five years, this is so frustrating having to go through all of this again! :frown:
Hello,
I'm trying to complete the online questionairre now and they still have these same questions.
I can't see your attachement of the answers, is there any chance you can send it to me or tell me the answers again?
I previously worked for Tesco for five years, this is so frustrating having to go through all of this again!

(Original post by m4tty flesh)for the record the questions actually start at number 10 and they are as follows
10 A customer asks you about their dotcom order, you don’t know much about it because that is a different department that you have not worked in. What do you do?

11 You have just helped a customer find the crumpets and they continue to chat to you about what they have been doing that day. You need to finish refilling the bakery. How do you respond?

12 A member of your team is preparing a customer promotion. She has just been asked to help on checkouts and asks if you could take over. You are currently helping a customer. How do you respond?

13 You are tidying an aisle when you hear a couple behind you discussing prosecco for a party this evening. What do you do?

14 You are still getting to know your team when your manager asks you whether you would like to help out in another department. How do you react?

15 A customer asks about a particular type of corn flakes, we have sold out of that particular brand. How do you respond?

Quick Reply