The Student Room Group

Could MD become a doctor?

Anyone know if I study MD (Doctor of Medicine), could I be a doctor in UK? Cos I already done my degree in Australia in Bachelor of Science.

Thanks.
To be a doctor in the UK you either train as a doctor here or somewhere else and apply as an International Medical Graduate. IMGs will need to take the UKMLA by the time you graduate. You are also given the worst jobs, taking the ones that UK trainees didn't want (similar to if a UK trainee goes to Australia).
Reply 2
Original post by nexttime
To be a doctor in the UK you either train as a doctor here or somewhere else and apply as an International Medical Graduate. IMGs will need to take the UKMLA by the time you graduate. You are also given the worst jobs, taking the ones that UK trainees didn't want (similar to if a UK trainee goes to Australia).

So I not need to study any course to become a doctor right? cos I was thinking to study a master in UK as I was graduated from Australia with the Bachelor of Science only.
Original post by Patrick1233
So I not need to study any course to become a doctor right? cos I was thinking to study a master in UK as I was graduated from Australia with the Bachelor of Science only.

Just letting people pitch up with no qualifications and give doctoring a go would be frowned upon.

You need to study medicine, either in the UK or somewhere else. In the UK its a 4 year course as a graduate and its very competitive and very very expensive for internationals.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending