Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    An' wHy dO pPl wRyTe lYk d1s?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    :rolleyes:
    I know! In fact, why can't people spell properly, full stop? It's driving me mad! I just got my yearbook and the number of spelling, punctuation and grammar mistakes in there...so many times people have put apostrophes in plural words. And nobody knows the difference between its and it's. And capital letters seem completely random - "Jane is going to nottingham University next year to study Philosophy with french." Honestly! They could at least have proof-read it. Sorry if I sound like I need to get a life, but for God's sake, you'd think by 18 people had grasped the basic rules of the English language.

ReputationRep:
    cos theyze awl wretardz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarah101)
    I know! In fact, why can't people spell properly, full stop? It's driving me mad! I just got my yearbook and the number of spelling, punctuation and grammar mistakes in there...so many times people have put apostrophes in plural words. And nobody knows the difference between its and it's. And capital letters seem completely random - "Jane is going to nottingham University next year to study Philosophy with french." Honestly! They could at least have proof-read it. Sorry if I sound like I need to get a life, but for God's sake, you'd think by 18 people had grasped the basic rules of the English language.
    Indeed!
    'vigin' for goodness sake I mean fair enough, that was probably a typo, but still

ReputationRep:
    lol, god this is really petty, next thing you'll be discussin about punctuation!!!!
    But i do accept that its annoyin!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fade Into Black)
    lol, god this is really petty, next thing you'll be discussin about punctuation!!!!
    But i do accept that its annoyin!!!
    Or maybe even annoying with one exclamation mark and a 'g'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    What's funny is when people purporting to have a grade A at A level English do it.
    good job i got a B then. i can't really be bothered with capital letters on ukl (as you may have noticed), but at least i spell correctly (most of the time).

ReputationRep:
    Even native speakers can't spell every word in the book correctly,
    I think on the net there is no problem with saying U instead of you,R instead of are,but what bothers me is saying fink instead of think,it annoys the hell out me ,just like the way the person behind yellowtaxi used to post,I used to spend ages analyising the words

ReputationRep:
    What's funny is when people purporting to have a grade A at A level English do it.
    My ex doesn't know the difference between "too" and "to" and he writes "could of" and "should of" and he got an A for English. At least half of the people on here seem to write "I got 3 A's" or "2B's and 2C's". Why the apostrophes?!

ReputationRep:
    do you think there is a teensy weensy possibility that they're giving out As (especially in English) in cornflake packets?
    No - I got a B.

ReputationRep:
    You must have had coco pops then?
    I'd actually like to see my paper, but I don't want to give anymore money to them, especially as I was repaid with an E for the last £10 i gave them.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 20, 2004
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.