The Student Room Group

Question about insurance

So i got into an accident a few weeks ago as a learner in my instructors car, and I passed my test early this week.

someone went into the side of us trying to get into our lane, we both put our foot on the brakes as we seen him coming in, but still hit the front of the car, but apparently he is trying to claim its our fault so my instructor is still struggling with this claim.

Now I've been looking at buying insurance, do I need to put this down as a claim? as it's not my insurance and I was a leaner at the time with a professional instructor, as it would be him that has put the claim in? how does it work.
Reply 1
Original post by Ryang89
So i got into an accident a few weeks ago as a learner in my instructors car, and I passed my test early this week.

someone went into the side of us trying to get into our lane, we both put our foot on the brakes as we seen him coming in, but still hit the front of the car, but apparently he is trying to claim its our fault so my instructor is still struggling with this claim.

Now I've been looking at buying insurance, do I need to put this down as a claim? as it's not my insurance and I was a leaner at the time with a professional instructor, as it would be him that has put the claim in? how does it work.

You need to read the wording of the questions carefully.
If it asks have you ever made a claim on your insurance, the answer there is no.
If it asks if you've been the driver during an accident then the answer would be yes.
Reply 2
It wasn't your policy, so you didn't claim on it. You do not have to disclose this.
Original post by Juno
You need to read the wording of the questions carefully.
If it asks have you ever made a claim on your insurance, the answer there is no.
If it asks if you've been the driver during an accident then the answer would be yes.

I agree.
Double check the wording of the question. It wasn't your policy though, so you didn't claim on it.
Original post by Ryang89

As the others have said, if the question is 'have you ever had a claim', then no - you have not had a claim. However, the question is usually worded 'have you ever been involved in an accident regardless of fault whether or not a claim was made...' or words to that effect. In which case, the answer would have to be 'yes'.

What are your thoughts, @IWMTom and @Emma:-) on this?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Reality Check
What are your thoughts, @IWMTom and @Emma:-) on this?

As above :')
Original post by IWMTom
As above :':wink:

Same

Quick Reply

Latest