The Student Room Group

'Wedding Day' stories...

Do you have a funny/sad/tragic/other story as an attendee or maybe something else?...:smile:

I've attended only two weddings... one was quite funny and the other was too funny...:colondollar:
Original post by Drez999
Do you have a funny/sad/tragic/other story as an attendee or maybe something else?...:smile:

I've attended only two weddings... one was quite funny and the other was too funny...:colondollar:

The three I ve attended were all as a bridesmaid (and now my next I m the bride :tongue:), I have fond memories of my aunts wedding as it was a couple of years before my dad died and he was giving a best man speech and he said raise your glasses of wine and I said but I ve only got lemonade and all the guests laughed with me.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
The three I ve attended were all as a bridesmaid (and now my next I m the bride :tongue:), I have fond memories of my aunts wedding as it was a couple of years before my dad died and he was giving a best man speech and he said raise your glasses of wine and I said but I ve only got lemonade and all the guests laughed with me.

Aww, bless you.

I hope you have a wonderful day as a Bride...:smile:x
Original post by Drez999
Aww, bless you.

I hope you have a wonderful day as a Bride...:smile:x

Thank you :smile: I don't think I ll be making people laugh with a speech this time though :tongue:
Reply 4
Thank you :smile: I don't think I ll be making people laugh with a speech this time though :tongue:

It matters not that you strive to make people laugh...

It's gonna be your big day...

Enjoy it...

With all of your heart and soul... :elefant:
Original post by Drez999

At my cousin's wedding, we were toasting with champagne, but I had more than my uncle. He stood up like everyone else got his glass topped up, and when he sat down, he missed his chair and threw his remaining champagne all over himself so it looked like he had wet himself!
Original post by Drez999
It matters not that you strive to make people laugh...

It's gonna be your big day...

Enjoy it...

With all of your heart and soul... :elefant:

Thank you, I will :smile:
Thank you, I will :smile:

Congrats! :biggrin:
Original post by anotheruserontsr
Congrats! :biggrin:

Thank you :smile:
At my wedding the photographer and vicar had to be separated, fighting over photos.
The ceiling was leaking at reception and filling my glass up, the MC pulled the chair away for my dads speech and he didn't know so fell on floor after and someone burnt my veil with a cigarette
At my mum's wedding last year, my grandpa and stepdad were in the lift together with one of the town hall janitors and the janitor shook my grandpa's hand and said congratulations and all the best for the wedding thinking he was the groom because he looks a bit younger than my stepdad :laugh: the janitor didn't know where to look when he said he was the father of the bride :teehee: my stepdad wasn't impressed lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply