Turn on thread page Beta

change of cirumstances for my student loan watch

Announcements

hello,

I sent of the stuff for my student loan ages ago, and i've been entitled to £3000 and it was all sorted. However, i'm now going to a different uni to the one it says on my form and so i wrote to my LEA to tell them, but they're taking ages. should i ring them to ask them whats going on? i also need them to reply cos i need to tell the actual Student Loan Company that i've got a different bank account too. what should i do?

and on the subject of student loans....is anyone else gonna have like NO money to live on?? cos i worked out that depending on the type of accommadtion i get put into, i'll have £150 or less to live on for the whole year!! what the hell am i gonna do?! i don't have anything saved up either!

ReputationRep:
    You're further than I am then. I haven't even contacted them about a change of course. I'm hoping that they'll deposit the loan in my bank - allowing me to write out a cheque to the university.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    and on the subject of student loans....is anyone else gonna have like NO money to live on?? cos i worked out that depending on the type of accommadtion i get put into, i'll have £150 or less to live on for the whole year!! what the hell am i gonna do?! i don't have anything saved up either!
    You could always get one of them magic 'J' things.

(Original post by Pencil)
    You could always get one of them magic 'J' things.
    lol, i've been meaning to get one all summer. but i'm too lazy! actually, no i have got a proper excuse (been away for a month) so that's why i'm gonna be poor for the next year. i did think about working during uni, but my course has a massive workload so i doubt i'll have the time. and i'd rather spend my nights out getting drunk rather than working!

oh, i didn't think about writing a cheque to the uni! Thanks, i mightend up doing that if my LEA has forgotten all about me. i'm just worried that i'll end up woth no money at all!

(Original post by Unregistered)
    oh, i didn't think about writing a cheque to the uni! Thanks, i mightend up doing that if my LEA has forgotten all about me. i'm just worried that i'll end up woth no money at all!
    You are supposed to complete change of circumstances section that comes with your loan approval if you change course/university. I sent mine off when I didn't make my firm offer on the Saturday after results day and got revised one back following Thursday. Student Loan Co. have changed method of payment this year - no cheques, just BACS payment to bank.

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.