Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have a problem.(my results at AS are in my sig) I really want to get into cambridge but am torn between econ and geog. My geog ums scores were:

Unit 1 - 96/100
    Unit 2 - 78/100 (i completely missed out 1 question!! so i am retakin it)
    Unit 3 - 99/100 ..CW

I am slightly goin towards geog as i aint doin econ or double maths, what do others think??

ReputationRep:
    I think Economics is much better subject, but you probably have a better chance of getting in with geo...

cant you apply to do both at seperate colleges?

ReputationRep:
    you can only apply for one subject at one college. so choose carefully! college doesnt matter that much - you'll love whichever one you go to. if you change your mind on subject, i think you can change after 1st year!
    if you cant decide between geog and econ, why dont you do land economy? i know a few land ecs and the subj seems a cross between the two, with law thrown in. but if you do do this, then you risk being known as a slacker - land ecs never seem to do any work!

ReputationRep:
    land economy is basically a mix of Geog, Econ and Law

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.