The Student Room Group

**CCEA GCSE Exams 2017 - Thread for thoughts, predictions etc**

This thread is for anyone sitting the CCEA GCSE exams in May/June 2017. Please leave any thoughts in this thread - I'm aware that most people on here use AQA and other exam boards and not many use CCEA... so I thought this could be useful for those sitting CCEA Exams.

Scroll to see replies

I do CCEA exams as well. I do DA Science, French, Spanish, Further Maths, Ethics for Religion, English (Language and literature) and ICT. Tell me if you do any of the same exams.
I do all of my GCSEs as CCEA except for my drama exam, and the English Lit GCSE is tomorrow! Any predictions for what either of the questions could be? I think it might be on Candy because he hasn't come up yet, but not entirely sure and very stressed :smile:
Reply 3
Hey guys, glad to see some fellow CCEA students here! I do Eng Lit and Lang, Geography, Further Maths, Ethics for RE, French and German and DA Science. Eng Lit and geog tomorrow, quite nervous! I'm doing TKAM
Original post by peter_17
Hey guys, glad to see some fellow CCEA students here! I do Eng Lit and Lang, Geography, Further Maths, Ethics for RE, French and German and DA Science. Eng Lit and geog tomorrow, quite nervous! I'm doing TKAM

So am I. I think it will be Jem.
Reply 5
Original post by JAMAL 69
So am I. I think it will be Jem.

Same here, or maybe Scout, I'd be so happy if one of them was the character question
Same here, or maybe Scout, I'd be so happy if one of them was the character question

I actually think it could be aunt Alexandra, as she hasn't come up for a while
Reply 7
Original post by Sherlockwho
I actually think it could be aunt Alexandra, as she hasn't come up for a while

Yeah, not since 2006 so definitely a possibility
Yeah, not since 2006 so definitely a possibility

They seem to have discontinued some characters. They never repeat characters this infrequently.
Hello, I do CCEA as well for all my exams. I do Maths, English Lang, Geography, Further Maths, Double Science, Business Studies and ICT. I did my Unit 1 exams last year and am doing Unit 2 exams this year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by sarah.mcm
I do all of my GCSEs as CCEA except for my drama exam, and the English Lit GCSE is tomorrow! Any predictions for what either of the questions could be? I think it might be on Candy because he hasn't come up yet, but not entirely sure and very stressed :smile:

Thanks so much! I'm so glad that the question on Candy was on the paper, I was so prepared for it after seeing this post!
Reply 11
Hi all! Anyone here do TKAM and geography unit 1 today? Extremely pleased with Jem coming up, think I've done very well and wrote 6 sides! Geography was a great paper too apart from the fact that i messed up the mid-ocean ridge and talked about an ocean trench instead and the Haiti case study I didn't see that it was environmental! I talked about the people impacts :/ so defo lost all those marks aha. Apart from that, all good!
Hi all! Anyone here do TKAM and geography unit 1 today? Extremely pleased with Jem coming up, think I've done very well and wrote 6 sides! Geography was a great paper too apart from the fact that i messed up the mid-ocean ridge and talked about an ocean trench instead and the Haiti case study I didn't see that it was environmental! I talked about the people impacts :/ so defo lost all those marks aha. Apart from that, all good!

I did TKAM and was happy that Jem came up. I wrote 6 sides as well but didn't write that much about the extract.
Hi is anyone doing All my Sons on Friday? or any other play? and how do you structure the essays? Im so stuck.
Reply 14
Original post by JAMAL 69
I did TKAM and was happy that Jem came up. I wrote 6 sides as well but didn't write that much about the extract.

Awesome! Yeah I was super happy as well, I also wrote more elsewhere than in the extract.
Reply 15
Original post by rmcgillin
Hi is anyone doing All my Sons on Friday? or any other play? and how do you structure the essays? Im so stuck.

Sorry, I'm doing an Inspector Calls so no help there! look up mrbruff on YouTube, he has some excellent english videos and may have the play you're looking for, but i'm not too sure!
Sorry, I'm doing an Inspector Calls so no help there! look up mrbruff on YouTube, he has some excellent english videos and may have the play you're looking for, but i'm not too sure!

oh okay thankyou!
Original post by Seancog
Thanks so much! I'm so glad that the question on Candy was on the paper, I was so prepared for it after seeing this post!

Ahh I was so glad when I saw the question was on him hahaha, so glad he came up!
Is anyone doing Dancing at Lughnasa on Friday??
Anyone doing business studies tomorrow? any ideas what will be on the paper? I think a cash flow forecast will come up but that's all I can guess lol

Quick Reply

Latest