The Student Room Group

**CCEA GCSE Exams 2017 - Thread for thoughts, predictions etc**

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chemistrynerd13
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1495994174.491764.jpg

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1495994185.111292.jpg

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1495994196.320857.jpg

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1495994207.259864.jpg

These are the posters I made for each section! There's no case studies on them but they should help with content!

Posted from TSR Mobile

you are a life saver thankyou so much for sending these in!!
I hope that demand for resources or sustainable tourism doesnt come up as there is so much information in them.
Original post by rmcgillin
I hope that demand for resources or sustainable tourism doesnt come up as there is so much information in them.

Yeah I find them quite boring and dedious to answer! I especially hate the tourism Case Study!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I find them quite boring and tedious to answer! I especially hate the tourism Case Study!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rmcgillin
you are a life saver thankyou so much for sending these in!!

No problem, I understand the quality decreases so if you need me to send you them via fb messenger or pm or something then it's fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
I love the question on the impacts of increasing demand for resources! Would be a gift of 8 marks, I find the interpretive questions harder. If it's a question where I can just throw all my knowledge down on the page, I do fine
Yeah I find them quite boring and dedious to answer! I especially hate the tourism Case Study!

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh god yes, thats a killer. I have the notes for it though so it shouldnt be that bad, but i have a feeling this years paper will have alot of cause studies.
No problem, I understand the quality decreases so if you need me to send you them via fb messenger or pm or something then it's fine

Posted from TSR Mobile

thats fine thankyou!
Reply 88
Oh my goodness @chemistrynerd13 you are a legend! Thanks so much!
Original post by peter_17
Oh my goodness @chemistrynerd13 you are a legend! Thanks so much!

No bother! Glad to help! Good luck if I don't get talking to you again before it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 90
No bother! Glad to help! Good luck if I don't get talking to you again before it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah yes, good luck to you too! The main challenge will be completing all the paper in 90 mins I think
Ah yes, good luck to you too! The main challenge will be completing all the paper in 90 mins I think

I know I'm just following
45 minutes Section A
22.5 Minutes Section B
22.5 Minutes Section C as it worked for me in last years paper

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 92
I know I'm just following
45 minutes Section A
22.5 Minutes Section B
22.5 Minutes Section C as it worked for me in last years paper

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I'm just gonna do that too, seems the sensible option
Yeah I'm just gonna do that too, seems the sensible option

and I mean if I get the first section done quicker then happy days👌🏼👌🏼But I doubt the occurrence of such an experience😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 94
and I mean if I get the first section done quicker then happy days👌🏼👌🏼But I doubt the occurrence of such an experience😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ahahaha yeah definitely won't be happening for me :laugh: it'll be a case of a mad rush whilst subsequently trying not to make stupid mistakes :s-smilie:
That's where my teacher really failed us. We were given structured revision guides, and we were advised to spend two weeks revising for each theme, and then to spend 30 minutes on each section. But by luck I looked at the specification and realised 50% of the unit was Theme A, and now 13/16 people in my class have repeated unit 1. :|
Original post by yrrab
That's where my teacher really failed us. We were given structured revision guides, and we were advised to spend two weeks revising for each theme, and then to spend 30 minutes on each section. But by luck I looked at the specification and realised 50% of the unit was Theme A, and now 13/16 people in my class have repeated unit 1. :|

I find it hard to believe though that theme A is the Largest. For some reason, for me it's always the one I seem to get done quicker than the rest¿?😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 97
I find it hard to believe though that theme A is the Largest. For some reason, for me it's always the one I seem to get done quicker than the rest¿?😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

I find that especially in unit 1 haha! It's really strange

Posted from TSR Mobile

I find that too! I think it's due to map skills and simple describe questions like population pyramids being examined in theme A, so I find it quicker to revise, whereas theme C has four of the case studies. Theme B is fairly content heavy with trade/aid I find, while there's less than theme A I think it's harder to learn.
Original post by yrrab
I find that too! I think it's due to map skills and simple describe questions like population pyramids being examined in theme A, so I find it quicker to revise, whereas theme C has four of the case studies. Theme B is fairly content heavy with trade/aid I find, while there's less than theme A I think it's harder to learn.

Yeah I'm hoping for a quick section A. I hope they don't throw any twists on to our section A. Section B i find quite hard! Which reminds me of another prediction I have- which is how either debt or environmental factors hinder development as they haven't came up

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest