Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I find it extremely hard to believe that virtually everyone on this forum got AAA's and AAB's. I spent a good 10 minutes looking through people's grades and only saw one C!! If people are telling the truth (which I seriously doubt) then it looks like A-Levels have got a lot easier (I did mine three yearrs ago).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikNak)
    I find it extremely hard to believe that virtually everyone on this forum got AAA's and AAB's. I spent a good 10 minutes looking through people's grades and only saw one C!! If people are telling the truth (which I seriously doubt) then it looks like A-Levels have got a lot easier (I did mine three yearrs ago).
    They didn't - I got ABB

ReputationRep:
    there's me thinking they were giving away an "A" with every McDonalds' happy meal

ReputationRep:
    i got CCD - so there!!!

ReputationRep:
    I got ACC and rejected by many so there you go! I worked so hard and was expecting ABB....

However, I got offered a place at King's College London to do Computer Science though but I have to think over it before I make my decision on Monday...

ReputationRep:
    How about the fact that people with good grades love to post their grades but most of the ones with bad grades,spend their time crying instead of sitting on the net,plus I've got an E in math,which is the only thing that is bothering me

ReputationRep:
    i'm sure there's a sketchy relationship between those who use UKL and high grades anyway.

ReputationRep:
    why the hell would anyone bother lying on an internet forum? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quiksilver)
    why the hell would anyone bother lying on an internet forum? :confused:
    Because it's easy.

ReputationRep:
    Why do people keep saying that we're making up our results? That would be really sad! This board attracts a rather intelligent bunch, it would seem. That's all there is to it - I know plenty of people that got Cs and Ds, but none of them visit this site.

ReputationRep:
    I don't look at people's grades anymore, getting AABB makes me feel slightly unintelligent in comparision to all those people that got all As though I know I'm not!

ReputationRep:
    If people were going to lie, I doubt you'd be seeing any Bs either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotus_lee)
    Because it's easy.
    what kind of reason is that? people are basically anonamous(sp?) on this site, so why bother lying?

ReputationRep:
    People who care about results and university and suchlike would be in the majority on this forum as this is a forum about results and university and suchlike. I can't see people who don't give a damn about learning posting on the "UK-Learning Forums". People with a positive work ethic are generally likely to do better.

People aren't lying. It's just that the people with decent grades/put more effort in and work harded are more likely to be members of this board. Therefore, you will have people posting above average grades here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    If the grades are true then it proves my theory about social life and sex drive being detrimental to results.
    Where can we buy this theory of the pig then? All leading bookshops?

ReputationRep:
    what kind of reason is that? people are basically anonamous(sp?) on this site, so why bother lying?
    Hence why it's easier than to the real public for example.

ReputationRep:
    Well i'm not lying, i really did get AAAAA, you have to remember people with crappy C, D and E's are hardly going to be posting!

If people want to lie about thier grades to make themselves feel better about themselves then let them. At the end of the day only the people who put the work in to achieve the top grades will have the satisfaction of knowing that thier efforts were rewarded. I rather a hundered people lie about thier grades than one single person who worked hard be accused of lying about the.

(Original post by piginapoke)
    If the grades are true then it proves my theory about social life and sex drive being detrimental to results.
    LOL owned, i will admit i didn't go out much when preparing for my exams although i went skating quite a bit

ReputationRep:
    cause you can then be anyone you want to be!

hi, i'm elvis presley!

see??

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 20, 2004
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.