Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invisible)
    It shows that the % differences are not the same in the 2 examples, so his comparison wasn't justified...

And btw, I don't do Critical Thinking.
    good job too. i'm afraid i agree with jools, even though my A grade was from 480 UMS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    good job too. i'm afraid i agree with jools, even though my A grade was from 480 UMS
    480 is still pretty good - i mean averaging 80 ums in evry module is quite hard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invisible)
    That's a nonsense argument with the scores.

It's like saying "It's alright for a 50 year old to shag a 40 year old, so why isn't it ok for a 20 year old to shag a ten eyar old? Still a 10 year age difference, no?"
    That's such a crap analogy! OK lets use %s... In the same way as we differentiate between someone with 68% (C) and 82% (A), we should differentiate between 82% (A) and 93% (still an A).

My admissions tutor comment was assuming that everything else between the two is equal.

So you think that someone who scraped 240 deserves equal credit to someone who stormed it to 295?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quiksilver)
    480 is still pretty good - i mean averaging 80 ums in evry module is quite hard
    Fair enough, but I think someone who got 580/600 should get more credit (ie A*). As it is you have two candidates with considerably different levels of ability, intellect and effort both getting an identical grade.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 20, 2004
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.