Is trolling on online forums ACTUALLY entertaining for people? Watch

hezzlington
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I just don't see the appeal. I have days where I like to take time off uni work, so I'll sit on TSR or do something else of a similar magnitude of boringness. What I've never understood is that there are people dedicated to the cause. There are users here who have made literally hundreds of accounts with the sole intention of making crappy, recycled threads.

I get it, we all like to make a jokey thread every now and again, or even indulge in a little bit of ****posting, but I wouldn't really call that trolling. The only two responses you tend to get is "troll" or a genuine response. How is that entertaining or funny enough to warrant dedicating serious amount of time doing it?

:lolwut:
BaeForKilbey
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by hezzlington)
I just don't see the appeal. I have days where I like to take time off uni work, so I'll sit on TSR or do something else of a similar magnitude of boringness. What I've never understood is that there are people dedicated to the cause. There are users here who have made literally hundreds of accounts with the sole intention of making crappy, recycled threads.

I get it, we all like to make a jokey thread every now and again, or even indulge in a little bit of ****posting, but I wouldn't really call that trolling. The only two responses you tend to get is "troll" or a genuine response. How is that entertaining or funny enough to warrant dedicating serious amount of time doing it?

yes it is
hezzlington
Rep:
?
(Original post by BaeForKilbey)
yes it is
why though?
Kyx
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It can be fun if you make joke posts occasionally, as you say

Posted from TSR Mobile
BaeForKilbey
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
yes it is
not that i would know, i just heard from other ppl its fun
BaeForKilbey
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
why though?
u can say things u wouldnt have the balls to say irl or on ur proper account

in a sense, its rather cathartic
Luke7456
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It's more stress relief my congratulations London Met. Thread provided me many laughs which relegated stress.

There are some trolls I think would be hilarious but I'd never ever dare do. No one intellect would.
hezzlington
Rep:
?
u can say things u wouldnt have the balls to say irl or on ur proper account

in a sense, its rather cathartic
Like what? What would you say on here that you wouldn't IRL. But we're all already anonymous? Why does it matter what account you use?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago

They arent funny though, just attention seekers.
BaeForKilbey
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Like what? What would you say on here that you wouldn't IRL. But we're all already anonymous? Why does it matter what account you use?
when i hear someone saying something racist, homophobic or generally offensive, im sorry to say that i dont have the balls to tell them to stop saying that. im not that kind of person. my thoughts stay in my head.

i can call someone a c*nt freely on this site, its heaven.

and i cant use my REAL account for this obviously. my real account is well respected. he's a lot like you, in fact
username2926188
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
ngl i hate 99% of them but that 1% are so funny like its hilarious
hezzlington
Rep:
?
when i hear someone saying something racist, homophobic or generally offensive, im sorry to say that i dont have the balls to tell them to stop saying that. im not that kind of person. my thoughts stay in my head.

i can call someone a c*nt freely on this site, its heaven.

and i cant use my REAL account for this obviously. my real account is well respected. he's a lot like you, in fact
I appreciate your honesty.

respected by who? Who cares about 'respect' from strangers on a website.

In what way?
BaeForKilbey
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I appreciate your honesty.

respected by who? Who cares about 'respect' from strangers on a website.

In what way?
thanks. i appreciate yours.

you get respect from many people on this site just by being likeable. Respect is nice. clearly u don't like it (even tho i know ur just pretending, duh)

in what way are you like my real account? well you talk in the same way, ask similar question. oh and we have a very similar profile picture too. it's almost...iconic
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (136)
17.82%
It's just nice to be back! (204)
26.74%
Not great so far... (274)
35.91%
I want to drop out! (149)
19.53%

Watched Threads