okkon
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello, I was just wondering which pathways would health and social care leads to
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by okkon)
Hello, I was just wondering which pathways would health and social care leads to
It would be courses like nursing,midwifery, perhaps ot and physiotherapy.
markova21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It would be far better to do the BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma, which is worth three A Levels. The Level 3 is only equal to two. Agree with Claire as to the courses you can do. Include Social Work as well though.
okkon
Rep:
?
(Original post by markova21)
It would be far better to do the BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma, which is worth three A Levels. The Level 3 is only equal to two. Agree with Claire as to the courses you can do. Include Social Work as well though.
Thanks for replying back! And sorry I forgot to add the extended subsidiary diploma as I am studying that right now, also do you think I could get into medicine with a foundation year? (i know it'll be very competitive with all of the A-Level students...)
TheOGPrince
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You can be a babysitter!!
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by okkon)
Thanks for replying back! And sorry I forgot to add the extended subsidiary diploma as I am studying that right now, also do you think I could get into medicine with a foundation year? (i know it'll be very competitive with all of the A-Level students...)
Only had a quick google but i can't find a medicine foundation year that accepts btecs i m afraid.
okkon
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheOGPrince)
You can be a babysitter!!
That was very helpful
okkon
Rep:
?
(Original post by claireestelle)
Only had a quick google but i can't find a medicine foundation year that accepts btecs i m afraid.
https://www2.uea.ac.uk/study/undergr...oundation-year

I checked this university I think they accept BTEC's but I'm not quite sure
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by okkon)
https://www2.uea.ac.uk/study/undergr...oundation-year

I checked this university I think they accept BTEC's but I'm not quite sure
that's a widening participation criteria foundation year so do you meet one of these?
  • Your household income is less than £35,000 per year excluding Government benefits. (proof will be requested)
  • You have been in Local Authority Care.
  • You live in the East Anglia Region (Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Lincolnshire, Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire)
okkon
Rep:
?
(Original post by claireestelle)
that's a widening participation criteria foundation year so do you meet one of these?
  • Your household income is less than £35,000 per year excluding Government benefits. (proof will be requested)
  • You have been in Local Authority Care.
  • You live in the East Anglia Region (Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Lincolnshire, Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire)
Yes I do the first one
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by okkon)
Yes I do the first one
also your school has to have had less than 60% of students get 5 a*-cs in the year you did your gcses. I think you're best of emailing all of the medical schools that do foundation years and list all your qualifications then see what they say before getting your hopes up.
comebackseason
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by okkon)
If you have the appropriate GCSE's Derby Uni will accept a NVQ level 3 for admission onto the Nursing BSc course
lorn.
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I did BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma and I'm not a Child Nursing student, so it could get you into any nursing degree, possibly even midwifery etc.
MeganRebekah
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I am currently doing a health and social care level 3 extended diploma and my course splits into 2 sections in the second year which are; general health and medical, nursing and midwifery. This can lead into professions such as; children's nurse, midwife, social worker, some universities even accept you onto criminology.
Swagio
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If it's any use to the medicine route, i did level 3 ext diploma and now are uni doing nursing. Am considering the possibility of doing a medicine degree after working as a nurse for a few years as it's appealed to me since starting placements.
There is an opportunity to apply with degree without alevels and I know a couple of nurses who've done this, although you'd need to be realistically looking at first class honours and it is very competitive and you'd have to consider which unis are or aren't worth applying to. The nurses I know had been turned down a few times and had to do a pre entrance exam (I think it's called an MCAT or something) and pass thing. So it's possible... hard but possible!

This is all info from my own research and friends/ acquaintances I have studying medicine :-)
Victoria151614
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by lorn.)
I did BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma and I'm not a Child Nursing student, so it could get you into any nursing degree, possibly even midwifery etc.
What are you learning?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (133)
29.69%
No (315)
70.31%

Watched Threads