The Student Room Group

People call me attractive but I don't agree

Scroll to see replies

Ha i was the opposite i got rated an average of 4 out of 10 for facial attraction back at college for a facial attractiveness study/topic in psychology. Lowest score in the class even below the bald male teacher. I still thought i had a decent face though like i was happy with my actually looks I just had awful short scruffy hair, never spoke to people and dressed in jeans and hoody.
Original post by indigofox
Ha i was the opposite i got rated an average of 4 out of 10 for facial attraction back at college for a facial attractiveness study/topic in psychology. Lowest score in the class even below the bald male teacher. I still thought i had a decent face though like i was happy with my actually looks I just had awful short scruffy hair, never spoke to people and dressed in jeans and hoody.

I got put in the top four of attractive girls in my year by a group of boys but I think I was only put there's because the other girls are my best friends so I seem more attractive due to the whole group effect thing
Original post by Anonymous
I got put in the top four of attractive girls in my year by a group of boys but I think I was only put there's because the other girls are my best friends so I seem more attractive due to the whole group effect thing

Yea its hard to tell, I didnt have any friends and never spoke to people lol. You are likely more attractive than you think though.
Original post by 0to100
👀 yikes. do you know anon.

No, it's just that every 'anonymous' mofo does this, when they know that they're probably alright, and why seek validation over a student forum?
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
No, it's just that every 'anonymous' mofo does this, when they know that they're probably alright, and why seek validation over a student forum?

If I wanted validation I would have posted a photo of myself with loads of makeup and filters, not just vented about something I find too difficult to talk to my friends about.
It doesn't matter what you believe. And also, the idea that 'you're beautiful if you think you are' is idealistic childish BS (not saying anyone here is asserting that though, but it is a very common belief). Beauty is determined by one and only one thing - how OTHER people think you look. That sounds wrong, but it's completely true. So if other people think you're attractive, then you're attractive, regardless of what you think. Who on Earth cares if you're 'attracted to yourself'? LOL.

Being attractive is 100% about whether OTHER people are attracted to you.
So, one's attractiveness is determined completely by other people's views, as much as that fact may hurt some idealistic people with childish mindsets.
Original post by queenofswords
I feel like I am both ugly and pretty.

So you must be pretty ugly then
Original post by indigofox
So you must be pretty ugly then

:rofl:
Attractiveness is more than just one's appearance, and from experience / what I've witnessed men don't nearly place as much emphasis on a woman's appearance as people / the media would make us believe. In fact, I'd say woman are more fussy when it comes to physical traits (EG. Must be x height).

Regardless, chances are you are pretty. Maybe not to every guy, but many will find you attractive. 'n that's fine, that's life, but it's better to be confident about yourself and your looks because that is FAR more attractive, in my opinion. Since you have boys talk to you, I think it goes to show they DO find you attractive, and it's perhaps your attitude / personality that may be off-putting (not like you're a bad person, perhaps just the negativity).

Still, I know how you feel. I've got complimented enough times that I am attractive, but I take such comments with a pinch of salt and don't believe them in the absence of external proof.
If I wanted validation I would have posted a photo of myself with loads of makeup and filters, not just vented about something I find too difficult to talk to my friends about.

Not always the case.
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
'Feel average' lol suuuuuurrrreee :rolleyes:

Seen a lot of your posts and you're so negative
Seen a lot of your posts and you're so negative

You've been stalking me, and the word you're looking for is 'sarcastic'. :h:
It's something others decide you don't get to disagree :P
Reply 33
Factually, if you're getting tons of compliments you shouldn't be worried about your looks. And it's not like guys are dismissing you either - you have guy's attention from what you've been saying. I think it's not about your looks but more on not finding the right guy yet? Please be more confident in yourself and don't take being single/guys not expressing obvious interest as a sign of you being ugly. You could just be overthinking this whole situation, cheer up!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending