Edge Hill Accommodation Watch

Everythingequine
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey guys,
So recently I booked my accommodation at Edge Hill and I put my first choice down for Palatine /Founders Court. To be honest, all halls looked the same to me except for Main and Back halls.
I'll be studying Primary Education with Qts and wanted to know how distant it is from the Faculty of Education building? Not too much of a long walk I hope! If you are saying there or have, what do you think about the building and rooms? Are they somewhat.. okay?
Anyone else staying at Palatine this September?
Edge Hill University
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi Everythingequine, hope you're well!

So the Faculty of Education building isn't too far from Founders Court or Palatine Court. Both of these halls are based near the main entrance, so you're not too far from a lot of things on campus. I'd say it's about 5 minutes to get to the Faculty of Education from Founders and only a minute more from Palatine. For reference, I've attached an image marking these three places.

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Alex

Name:  partialcampusmap.JPG
Views: 627
Size:  362.9 KB
Everythingequine
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Edge Hill University)
Hi Everythingequine, hope you're well!

So the Faculty of Education building isn't too far from Founders Court or Palatine Court. Both of these halls are based near the main entrance, so you're not too far from a lot of things on campus. I'd say it's about 5 minutes to get to the Faculty of Education from Founders and only a minute more from Palatine. For reference, I've attached an image marking these three places.

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Alex

Name:  partialcampusmap.JPG
Views: 627
Size:  362.9 KB
Hi Alex,
That very very helpful, thank you!
tlou95
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I applied for Graduates Court accommodation, also for Primary Education . Love the campus so much!
spookyhacker
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
A few of my friends live on campus. I've been in and out of their rooms and they are not all that special their modern ones look new and nice but the older ones are very mediocre at best rooms have a sink, mirror, lights, desk, bed, window with some storage space and a communal kitchen/bathroom/toilet and lounge area.

What I will say is the university takes great pride in the cleanliness of these buildings and the cleaning staff are well respected and do a brilliant job of keeping the halls clean, If I needed to use the toilet I would always go to my friends and use theirs because of this.
bumble12
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I lived in palatine court, and am about to go into 2nd year primary ed with QTS. Its not too far of a walk, and you can always stop for a coffee on your way to your class The campus is so pretty as well, so its not a boring walk.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    All Faculties - Undergraduate and Postgraduate Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Aug '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Sat, 12 Oct '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Sat, 9 Nov '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (139)
17.57%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
9.36%
No I am happy with my course choice (465)
58.79%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (113)
14.29%

Watched Threads