mysticmagic2000
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey!

I'm just wondering how much of a step up a level maths is as some of my friends say it's really easy. (One of them did a paper and was a mark of an A without knowing the whole Syllabus!!)
TheOGPrince
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
your friends probably cheated!
Laughh3
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Did he do c1?
Rexar
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by mysticmagic2000)
Hey!

I'm just wondering how much of a step up a level maths is as some of my friends say it's really easy. (One of them did a paper and was a mark of an A without knowing the whole Syllabus!!)
Easier then GCSE imo

Its an easy high grade and you will be able to focus more on other subjects for revisin, provided you are some what decent at maths

If you are an A/A* student you will find it easy. If you get a B at gcse there is less of a chance, every one who got a GCSE B got an E or U last hear, except for one person so were forced to drop it
mysticmagic2000
Rep:
?
(Original post by Laughh3)
Did he do c1?
Yeah *she did C1
mysticmagic2000
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rexar)
Easier then GCSE imo

Its an easy high grade and you will be able to focus more on other subjects for revisin, provided you are some what decent at maths

If you are an A/A* student you will find it easy. If you get a B at gcse there is less of a chance, every one who got a GCSE B got an E or U last hear, except for one person so were forced to drop it
Okay thank you, I'm getting about 90 - 99% on the papers so sounds like everything will be good
Rexar
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Okay thank you, I'm getting about 90 - 99% on the papers so sounds like everything will be good
I reckon you will be able to smash A level maths!
GCSE2016Troop
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Rexar)
Easier then GCSE imo

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOL fam u must be joking. Don't listen to this idiot. It is one of the hardest A-levels and definitely isn't an easy high grade. It is much harder than GCSE but with work put in a good grade will be achieved. I know loads of people who got A* at GCSE and now getting U's at A level. Like I said before, I hope you were joking
Zxphyrs
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by GCSE2016Troop)
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOL fam u must be joking. Don't listen to this idiot. It is one of the hardest A-levels and definitely isn't an easy high grade. It is much harder than GCSE but with work put in a good grade will be achieved. I know loads of people who got A* at GCSE and now getting U's at A level. Like I said before, I hope you were joking
Oh c'mon, it obviously depends on the ability of the candidate - OP claims to be getting > 90% at GCSE so i have strong doubts they'll find it too taxing. Harder than GCSE? I don't think so. The difficulty in A level maths stems from the way the questions are designed - not the content itself, content is actually very straightforward to understand if you pay attention. And knowing "loads of people" that went from A*s to Us is very interesting; I know of no person who got an A* at GCSE who is failing A level maths.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rexar
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by GCSE2016Troop)
Was not joking but we all have opiniona. All I am saying is that if you find GCSE maths easy, you are likely to not find A level maths easy. The content is also easy to understand and as I said IMO it doesnt require much work, the questions are virtually the same each year so if you get the concept it is an easy grade A*/ 100%. It also helps if you take aditional maths at GCSE. Granted if you are not good at GCSE maths then no doubt you will find a level maths difficult.
But I reckon that the OP will not find it too hard, especially as they are getting over 90% at GCSE now.
mysticmagic2000
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rexar)
Was not joking but we all have opiniona. All I am saying is that if you find GCSE maths easy, you are likely to not find A level maths easy. The content is also easy to understand and as I said IMO it doesnt require much work, the questions are virtually the same each year so if you get the concept it is an easy grade A*/ 100%. It also helps if you take aditional maths at GCSE. Granted if you are not good at GCSE maths then no doubt you will find a level maths difficult.
But I reckon that the OP will not find it too hard, especially as they are getting over 90% at GCSE now.
Yeah I am taking OCR FMSQ Additional Maths and getting about 80% - I taught myself during the summer. Thank you for all your help!
petrblak
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
C1 is basically just high level GCSE. C2 is harder but still not that difficult. Overall, I think Maths is pretty easy. (I do further maths too which is really difficult). I got an A for maths at GCSE btw.
Vanilla Cupcake
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah I am taking OCR FMSQ Additional Maths and getting about 80% - I taught myself during the summer. Thank you for all your help!
fsmq helps a lot with a level - you'll know pretty much all of C1 and a decent amount of C2, so the AS should be pretty easy for you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • St George's, University of London
    Postgrad open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (228)
67.66%
No (109)
32.34%

Watched Threads