The Student Room Group

If we could do our exams earlier…

What do you think?

It would mean we would have to do our exams in Apr/May, rather than May/June, but it would also mean that we would receive our results in the second half of July, rather than the second half of August - changing weeks of worrying to weeks of celebrating.

It would cut the study-leave time, but then we have tonnes of time to revise for exams anyway - we have many free days between exams anyway and weekends/ free periods.

Just imagine the feeling of getting really good grades in you exams when receiving them at the end of July, then going on holiday afterwards to celebrate. It would just be perfect.

The exam boards would not have to work harder - they would just me marking scripts a month earlier.

Wouldn't this be a great idea if it could ever happen?

PS - I've had to re-write this thread 14 times because of 'The server is too busy at the moment' thing :mad:
Reply 1
I agree that it would be nice to recieve the results earlier, but this year, in almost all of my subjects, we only just finished the syllabus. It was a real rush at the end to learn everything. Having 4 weeks less to do that would be almost impossible! (unless there was less to learn). May be a bit pressured. I wish the exams didnt take so long to mark however.
Reply 2
When did you go on study-leave?
Reply 3
JamesH
When did you go on study-leave?

About mid-May time.
Reply 4
I don't think it would work as there is often so much material to cover and it gets rushed towards the end of the year, anyway.

Latest

Trending

Trending