The Student Room Group

How to remeber things quick!

Gcse are getting close and if you have a content heavy subject like Geography or History you might run in to trouble

1) List assosiation
>Use assosiation with nubmers to items e.g 1=gun,2=loo,3=tree etc.
>Do this for as many number you need to and remeber the associated item
before you start the next step.(the more crazy the more memorable)
>Then assosiate the craziet image of this item such as a " a gun being slapped out of a Germans hand and hime being upset" which I used to remeber the terms of the treaty of versaille and carry

2) Memory palace
>Use a path or journey you know like a walk to school or around your house
>Place waky images around this route like "Hitler in the fridge"(the more crazy the more memorable)
>Then keep going throught and making sure you remeber your route from start to finish

If you have any question need examples or want to make any suggestion just
comment.
Original post by Shuj.T
Gcse are getting close and if you have a content heavy subject like Geography or History you might run in to trouble

1) List assosiation
>Use assosiation with nubmers to items e.g 1=gun,2=loo,3=tree etc.
>Do this for as many number you need to and remeber the associated item
before you start the next step.(the more crazy the more memorable)
>Then assosiate the craziet image of this item such as a " a gun being slapped out of a Germans hand and hime being upset" which I used to remeber the terms of the treaty of versaille and carry

2) Memory palace
>Use a path or journey you know like a walk to school or around your house
>Place waky images around this route like "Hitler in the fridge"(the more crazy the more memorable)
>Then keep going throught and making sure you remeber your route from start to finish

If you have any question need examples or want to make any suggestion just
comment.

personally i find flashcards very effective for remembering straight facts. I have read about memory palaces working really well for people:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest