Do you think that the mass media change the way citizens think? Watch

josejuan
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Do you think that the mass media change the way citizens think?

Do the mass media have a hidden agenda?

Why?
stoyfan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by josejuan)
Do you think that the mass media change the way citizens think?

Do the mass media have a hidden agenda?

Why?
No, the mass media doesn't together have their own agenda, but each media corp/company does have one.

That is why one newspaper supports one set of views whilst another supports a different set of views.

And yes, mass media does change the way citizens think as it is the main source of information for most.
josejuan
Rep:
?
(Original post by stoyfan)
No, the mass media doesn't together have their own agenda, but each media corp/company does have one.

That is why one newspaper supports one set of views whilst another supports a different set of views.

And yes, mass media does change the way citizens think as it is the main source of information for most.
I have some questions:
Who pays the newspaper? Why? Because, nowadays, the people don't buy a newspaper, only read on Internet.

Sometimes the mass media focus on in a some news but another news don't pay attention. Why do the mass media want to change the way people think?
username2763536
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Absolutely they do.Who thinks Jeremy corbyn will be a good leader for example?No one because the media were trashing him right from the start.
l'etranger
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Robby2312)
Absolutely they do.Who thinks Jeremy corbyn will be a good leader for example?No one because the media were trashing him right from the start.
Apart from when the Guardian printed a false story of Jezbollah having been unable to find a seat on a train which turned out to be untrue.

''Wow the media sure does have right wing bias'' /Sarcasm
josejuan
Rep:
?
(Original post by Robby2312)
I think so.

The media can help or sink somebody.

Nowadays, people don't buy the newspaper only read on Internet, and the mass media be in debt. Somebody has some hidden agenda in order to pay off the debt.
Joep95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I think so.

The media can help or sink somebody.

Nowadays, people don't buy the newspaper only read on Internet, and the mass media be in debt. Somebody has some hidden agenda in order to pay off the debt.
You can see their plan to become profitable again they are attacking alt media like people on YouTube and trying to get the income by forcing advertisers to advertise with them instead of youtubers
josejuan
Rep:
?
(Original post by l'etranger)
Apart from when the Guardian printed a false story of Jezbollah having been unable to find a seat on a train which turned out to be untrue.

''Wow the media sure does have right wing bias'' /Sarcasm

There's a chance, this company was in debt with somebody and it pays off a debt.

The media helps those who pay them
tamil fever
Badges: 17
Report 1 year ago
It does
1)It mostly includes biased point of views and they don't tend to show the other side of the story
2)They don't include other information
3)Most news are always negative
josejuan
Rep:
?
(Original post by joecphillips)
You can see their plan to become profitable again they are attacking alt media like people on YouTube and trying to get the income by forcing advertisers to advertise with them instead of youtubers
People don't buy newspaper, if there is no profit there is no business.

Who sponsors them?
josejuan
Rep:
?
(Original post by tamil fever)
It does
1)It mostly includes biased point of views and they don't tend to show the other side of the story
2)They don't include other information
3)Most news are always negative
I completely agree with all.
Joep95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
People don't buy newspaper, if there is no profit there is no business.

Who sponsors them?
Nowadays newspapers are also online as well so there are adverts on their sites as well ask shave ads in the paper that is where profit can come from
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'd hope not but people do allow their lives and political choices to be influenced by celebrities and tabloids and what they see on the news, etc. I never have so I don't understand people who do that but clearly it happens.
Bristol Ummah
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Basically this:

josejuan
Rep:
?
(Original post by joecphillips)
Nowadays newspapers are also online as well so there are adverts on their sites as well ask shave ads in the paper that is where profit can come from
People usually have ad-block plugging on the browser.
josejuan
Rep:
?
(Original post by 0to100)
I'd hope not but people do allow their lives and political choices to be influenced by celebrities and tabloids and what they see on the news, etc. I never have so I don't understand people who do that but clearly it happens.
I completely agree with you.

An example was George Orwell and war worlds.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...warworlds.html
TheOGPrince
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
they're gonna get us all!! run for your lives : (
_gcx
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Only the minds of the logically inept/devoid. Why not manipulate individuals that are too ignorant to develop independent thought? After all, it is through their own ignorance alone.
_gcx
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by TheOGPrince)
they're gonna get us all!! run for your lives : (
The fact that this opinion is widespread evidences the fact that there is no conspiracy going on here. (while this is an ironic account I see your points as worthy of address)
Fadel
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
That's the whole point of mass media. To spread propaganda and turn people's views towards those that suit the agencies or corporations.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (61)
14.95%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (41)
10.05%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (78)
19.12%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (59)
14.46%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (44)
10.78%
How can I be the best version of myself? (125)
30.64%

Watched Threads