The Student Room Group

Maths A-level exams

Hey I am do the edexcel exam board and I am in year 12. I am going to be sitting the C1, C2 and S1 exams this year. If I was to get A's in C1/2 and then an D in S1 would I be able to retake just the S1 exam or would I have to retake all the exams ?
Original post by laila_a1
Hey I am do the edexcel exam board and I am in year 12. I am going to be sitting the C1, C2 and S1 exams this year. If I was to get A's in C1/2 and then an D in S1 would I be able to retake just the S1 exam or would I have to retake all the exams ?

Your grade would probably be a C.
I wouldn't resit any of them.
I can't coz then I'm outta chances.
I'm sitting them as well.
Good luck to ya, mate
Original post by laila_a1

You are allowed to only resit one module but its best to not put yourself in that boat again if you can as it's really stressful to do resits.
Reply 3
I think you would just retake the stats. But there's a new syllabus coming in (I think), so is retaking an option?
Original post by Ayyesha
I think you would just retake the stats. But there's a new syllabus coming in (I think), so is retaking an option?

There should still be resit seasons for old spec maths up until 2019 I'm pretty sure as year 12s are still doing them so they'll do their year 13 exams and then have another year to resit.
Reply 5
Original post by AspiringUnderdog
There should still be resit seasons for old spec maths up until 2019 I'm pretty sure as year 12s are still doing them so they'll do their year 13 exams and then have another year to resit.

Ah thanks

Quick Reply

Latest