The Student Room Group

trouble with my ex best friend

i had a friend we were really close i liked him a lot and he found out and he said he wasn't interested so we stuck to being friends and now he is starting to ignore my messages or not seem interested.. he lost out snapchat streak and Im afraid that i lost him for good. I don't know its exam season now so i haven't talked and I'm planning to do something after exams but i want to get his attention for once at the start of the new school year after summer.. any tips?
Original post by TJHEY12
i had a friend we were really close i liked him a lot and he found out and he said he wasn't interested so we stuck to being friends and now he is starting to ignore my messages or not seem interested.. he lost out snapchat streak and Im afraid that i lost him for good. I don't know its exam season now so i haven't talked and I'm planning to do something after exams but i want to get his attention for once at the start of the new school year after summer.. any tips?

Friends come and go. Chasing him at the moment is going to make things worse.

IMO focus on your exams. You can try and sort it out after.
Original post by TJHEY12

Good advice from above, your old mate can't get you A*'s anyway so whats the point?

Focus on being the better person by smashing your exams and giving him a reason to come crawling back.

Good luck and feel free to message me for anything else :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by garethbale
Good advice from above, your old mate can't get you A*'s anyway so whats the point?

Focus on being the better person by smashing your exams and giving him a reason to come crawling back.

Good luck and feel free to message me for anything else :smile:

Thank you so much! thats what I'm planning to do! Do you have any tips on revision too?
Reply 4
Original post by 999tigger
Friends come and go. Chasing him at the moment is going to make things worse.

IMO focus on your exams. You can try and sort it out after.

Yeah that's true :smile: I've been focusing more on revision now because i want to get the grades at the moment i turned to this as i was looking at revision tips and trying to keep my mind stress free (although that is not possible)
Original post by TJHEY12
Thank you so much! thats what I'm planning to do! Do you have any tips on revision too?

Well I am doing my GCSEs right now and considering I have 2 weeks left...procrastination has taken over! :s-smilie:

How are you managing?
Reply 6
Original post by garethbale
Well I am doing my GCSEs right now and considering I have 2 weeks left...procrastination has taken over! :s-smilie:

How are you managing?

I have my first IGCSE on wednesday! so yup procrastination has taken over aswell XD well that's just great... Good luck though! :smile:
Original post by TJHEY12
Yeah that's true :smile: I've been focusing more on revision now because i want to get the grades at the moment i turned to this as i was looking at revision tips and trying to keep my mind stress free (although that is not possible)

He will still be there after the exams. Focus on exams and line up small rewards for yourself during the day . Its probably because he feels awkward or doesnt know how to handle it. If he isnt interested in the same way then thats something you should accept and not hope he changes his mind. That will save you a lot of thinking. Just be his friend if thats enough or if you want more , when it isnt returned then call it a day.
Original post by TJHEY12
I have my first IGCSE on wednesday! so yup procrastination has taken over aswell XD well that's just great... Good luck though! :smile:

Thanks and all the best wishes for you too! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest