The Student Room Group

Fascist march in Warsaw today

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
The only good fascist is a dead fascist. On my dinner plate.
[QUOTE="Josb;71214978"]A party organised as a military organisation (in which militants wear uniforms, march in ranks and hold flags of the party over national flags) is certainly Fascist.[/QUOTE

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=salvation+army+marching&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari#imgrc=C3ey5Kvwe1doNM:
Really? Don't think so!!
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by joe cooley
I personally am glad of the multiculturalism we have here

Can you tell me how we benefit from multiculturalism?

Anthony Joshua
Original post by Sarahsez
Anthony Joshua

You're having a laugh,right?
Original post by olivia099
It's no news that Polish people are very proud of their country and heritage, what is wrong with a country wanting to preserve that? I personally am glad of the multiculturalism we have here, but if a nation wants to preserve their national identity surely they have every right to do so?

Why? Why should "preserving their national identity" come at the expense of other moral principles and rights?

If they want to preserve particular treasured cultural practices, why can't they do so of their own accord, rather than using state force to forcibly keep out anyone "foreign".

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
The Scouts are a bit fascist then.

Who knew!

These are not political parties.
Original post by anarchism101
Why? Why should "preserving their national identity" come at the expense of other moral principles and rights?

If they want to preserve particular treasured cultural practices, why can't they do so of their own accord, rather than using state force to forcibly keep out anyone "foreign".

Posted from TSR Mobile

How about when the "foreigners" in question are actively hostile toward Western Christian culture, would keeping them out be acceptable then?
I personally am glad of the multiculturalism we have here

Can you tell me how we benefit from multiculturalism?

What I meant by that was that I'm happy that England isn't 99.9% white and we have actual diversity - people of different colours, religions, backgrounds, life journeys etc. I am not originally from England and I know 100% what it's like to live in a country where there is no diversity and people are just racist, intolerant and pretty much ignorant of anything that isn't the 'norm' to them - their whole mentality is just so different, not in a pleasant way.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If we look at the keeping out anyone foreign argument, again Poland has a right to keep tight control of its borders , it is under no obligation to grant anyone 'foreign' a right to live in Poland. It is not abusing any Polish people's rights, and again it is under no obligation to appease to foreign nationals who are not Polish born because as a state, Poland's number one priority is its nationals.
(edited 6 years ago)
If we look at the keeping out anyone foreign argument, again Poland has a right to keep tight control of its borders , it is under no obligation to grant anyone 'foreign' a right to live in Poland. It is not abusing any Polish people's rights, and again it is under no obligation to appease to foreign nationals who are not Polish born because as a state, Poland's number one priority is its nationals.

Legally, yes, this is the case under current international law. But I was making more of a moral argument against it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
damn you poles
How about when the "foreigners" in question are actively hostile toward Western Christian culture, would keeping them out be acceptable then?

I don't really care about "hostility toward Western Christian culture".

If there is reason to believe they are criminals, or affiliated to proscribed organisations, then arrest them on entry, sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Legally, yes, this is the case under current international law. But I was making more of a moral argument against it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah see that's the problem with morals - they're subjective :h:
The Scouts are a bit fascist then.

Who knew!

There is a reason why Germany doesn't have school uniforms.
Original post by Mathemagicien
Nobody can deny that Christianity has had a huge influence on European culture, but the level of agnosticism and atheism is far too high to claim it is a Christian culture itself.

Besides, the muslims are generally more hostile towards agnostics and atheists than to 'people of the book'.

Nope, from visiting the country and from what various Polish friends have told me , Poland is still very heavily religious , the majority of the population being very keen church-goers. Perhaps that's why Poland is still such a homophobic country?

2011 census shows 87.5% of the population is Roman Catholic (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Poland )
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
There is a reason why Germany doesn't have school uniforms.

Indeed, school uniforms do lead to fascism.

FFS.
Most if not all black footballers who have played games in Poland or other countries in Eastern Europe have probably experienced the kind of abuse that was commonplace in the UK in the 1980s but is rare nowadays. So the fascists being active in Poland does not surprise me, but saddens me.
Indeed, school uniforms do lead to fascism.

FFS.

I'm being serious :-/

They are now paranoid about anything resembling militarisation of school children. The Hitler Youth was like Nazi scouts.

Obviously "normal" scouts is not Nazism and is not fascism but fascism plays into the mindset that creates identikit uniforms in people and puts it on steroids. It's like a continuum. At one end you have uber individualism and the other is extreme is where everyone is a cog rigid hierarchy machine of a society. Uniforms are about creating cogs. Why I always dislike rigid uniform codes, like school uniforms.
(edited 6 years ago)
Ah see that's the problem with morals - they're subjective :h:

They're debatable, that's not the same thing as subjective.

Posted from TSR Mobile
They're debatable, that's not the same thing as subjective.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How are morals not subjective? The whole point of them is that they depend on your own life experiences/ your upbringing etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending