The Student Room Group

Fascist march in Warsaw today

Scroll to see replies

Wake up Poland, thousands take to the streets 04.jpg
Attachment not found

Just a few people...

How do we teach them to embrace immigration and diversity? Think of it with open borders these people could be a minority in their own homeland in a few generations.

Isn't it wonderful?
Reply 81
Original post by Lit teacher
You state that you don't want 'third-worlders' as if you somehow believe that you are better than them.

No, it's because they are simply not our people. It is a perfectly natural desire of the vast majority of humans, to be in their own spaces, among those who are most like themselves.

You speak as though distinct demographics and their dynamics don't exist (or at least don't matter). That their unique histories, cultures, customs, traditions, quirks, traits, the collective results of hundreds of thousands of years worth of biological and psychosocial evolution, don't matter. That humans are all just individual, interchangeable components, who's sole purpose is to serve some big economic machine. It's quite grotesque.

"Poles birthrates are going down? Meh, just import a bunch of Africans and Asians to fill the gaps. The only thing that matters is muh economics".

1, Because young men are more likely to risk their lives on the perilous journey.
2. Young men are less likely to give up on their journey. The elderly and infirm often stop as soon as they are out of the direct war zone.
3. Young men are at greatest risk in wartime. Many young men from Syria are fleeing military conscription, which would force them to kill their countrymen for a leader they don't support. The elderly and children don't get conscripted.
4. Young men and women are more likely to try to make a new start. Many elderly people do not want to leave the country they have lived in for 50 or 60 years.

1. So the women, children and elderly are happy to risk their lives by remaining in the war torn country ?
2. As a refugee, shouldn't the "journey" stop as soon as they are out of the direct war zone ?? Or are they migrants ? Or do you not know ??
3. Afraid I will need some source to back your claim up. What % of migrants/refugees are Syrians ? How many of those identified as Syrians have fled because they wanted to avoid military conscription ?
4. So where are the women then ??
Original post by Wōden
No, it's because they are simply not our people. It is a perfectly natural desire of the vast majority of humans, to be in their own spaces, among those who are most like themselves.

You speak as though distinct demographics and their dynamics don't exist (or at least don't matter). That their unique histories, cultures, customs, traditions, quirks, traits, the collective results of hundreds of thousands of years worth of biological and psychosocial evolution, don't matter. That humans are all just individual, interchangeable components, who's sole purpose is to serve some big economic machine. It's quite grotesque.

"Poles birthrates are going down? Meh, just import a bunch of Africans and Asians to fill the gaps. The only thing that matters is muh economics".

Not 'our people'? Who are 'our people'? You speak as if 2000 years of human history has involved people living in isolated countries with no contact with the outside world.

I know more about the UK than Poland, but our state religion comes from the Middle East, and is shared by 2.2 billion people worldwide. Our language is a mixture of Latin, Greek, Germanic, Viking and a whole host of words from places that we invaded and colonised. It is an official language in 54 countries.

Our national sport is played by so many other countries that we now rank only 10th in the world. Our people have a genetic heritage that takes in Celtic roots, Western Europe, Scandanavia and a whole host of other countries around the world.

Our traditions include Christmas trees (an idea borrowed from Germany) trick or treating (from USA) Easter chocolate (Central America) and burning a Catholic effigy in November accompanied by fireworks (imported from China)

Our national drink, tea, originated in China, but it is now competing with coffee (East Africa). The nation's favourite take-away meal is curry (India) or pizza (Italy). Our cars come from France, USA, Germany, Italy, Japan and Korea.The most popular film of 2017 was by Disney. The most popular furniture shop is Swedish.

The UK has benefited from generations of migrants, and it still feels like my country to me. What makes Poland so special that it cannot cope with new arrivals?
Reply 84
It'll only grow you'll see

I have hopes it'll spread to neighbouring countries

Retake Europe our ancestral homeland

If it means mass deportations so what it's not like these "minorities" as you call them don't have other places to be

They've weakened Whites by teaching them to tolerate everything even if its harmful to them

So now you're cucked and have BBC tv shows destroying White history
Original post by anon181
It'll only grow you'll see

I have hopes it'll spread to neighbouring countries

Retake Europe our ancestral homeland

If it means mass deportations so what it's not like these "minorities" as you call them don't have other places to be

They've weakened Whites by teaching them to tolerate everything even if its harmful to them

So now you're cucked and have BBC tv shows destroying White history

Poland has had experience of fascism before, from 1939-45. It didn't end well that time. The nazis killed more than 5 million Poles and reduced Warsaw to rubble. Fascism, and its policy of racism, has done more harm to Poland than a few thousand refugees every could.
Original post by spiritusuk
1. So the women, children and elderly are happy to risk their lives by remaining in the war torn country ?
2. As a refugee, shouldn't the "journey" stop as soon as they are out of the direct war zone ?? Or are they migrants ? Or do you not know ??
3. Afraid I will need some source to back your claim up. What % of migrants/refugees are Syrians ? How many of those identified as Syrians have fled because they wanted to avoid military conscription ?
4. So where are the women then ??

No, the women and children aren't 'happy'. But if you're 65 years old and not in the best of health do you spend every penny you have to pay smugglers to get you out, only to spend the rest of your time away from your family, penniless and living in a tent in a crowded refugee camp or do you sit tight and hope things will get better?
2. For the vast majority, the journey does stop as soon as they are away from the fighting. 6.3 million refugees are displaced in Syria, 3 million are in Turkey, 1 million in Lebanon and 1.5 million in Jordan. But the camps are overcrowded, without proper accommodation, and with little chance of work or education. How many young people do you know who would endure this for years on end, and not try to find a better way out? They don't magically stop being refugees the moment they step over a border.
3. Syria has conscription for men aged 17 to 42. They have just tightened the rules to include those with medical conditions and university students. Anyone who objects faces torture and possible execution. http://www.refworld.org/docid/59d37c754.html
There are no precise figures for refugee country of origin, but things are not much better for young men in Afghanistan or Eritrea.
4. The women are also refugees, or still in Syria, or in camps in neighbouring countries. Putting yourself in the hands of people smugglers is even more risky as a woman than a man.
Reply 87
Reply 88
No, the women and children aren't 'happy'. But if you're 65 years old and not in the best of health do you spend every penny you have to pay smugglers to get you out, only to spend the rest of your time away from your family, penniless and living in a tent in a crowded refugee camp or do you sit tight and hope things will get better?
2. For the vast majority, the journey does stop as soon as they are away from the fighting. 6.3 million refugees are displaced in Syria, 3 million are in Turkey, 1 million in Lebanon and 1.5 million in Jordan. But the camps are overcrowded, without proper accommodation, and with little chance of work or education. How many young people do you know who would endure this for years on end, and not try to find a better way out? They don't magically stop being refugees the moment they step over a border.

Why have you made the assumption that the women who stay at home are all 65 years or older ? If most of the men are young then it's safe to assume that there are an equal amount of women who would also like to "flee to safety".

I agree that every country should take in a number of refugees but here is the problem. There doesn't appear to be any system in place that reliably identifies a man who is a refugee or a migrant. Perhaps that distinction doesn't matter to you ? Perhaps you feel whether they are fleeing a war torn country or are coming here just for an easier life we should let them all in just the same ?

Other countries have seen what has happened and are VERY wary of letting in foreign men whose identity and origin may not necessarily be 100% proven.

Besides, Poland has already allowed thousands of Ukrainian refugees to settle in Poland. Perhaps developed countries other than in Europe should start pulling their weight ?
Why have you made the assumption that the women who stay at home are all 65 years or older ? If most of the men are young then it's safe to assume that there are an equal amount of women who would also like to "flee to safety".

I agree that every country should take in a number of refugees but here is the problem. There doesn't appear to be any system in place that reliably identifies a man who is a refugee or a migrant. Perhaps that distinction doesn't matter to you ? Perhaps you feel whether they are fleeing a war torn country or are coming here just for an easier life we should let them all in just the same ?

Other countries have seen what has happened and are VERY wary of letting in foreign men whose identity and origin may not necessarily be 100% proven.

Besides, Poland has already allowed thousands of Ukrainian refugees to settle in Poland. Perhaps developed countries other than in Europe should start pulling their weight ?

My mistake. The first line should have read 'Old people and children'.

I think I have some understanding of your concern about migrants. When I started teaching I'd never met a Polish child. Now our school has several. One girl's mother is a dentist who must have come here for an easier life but ended up working for the NHS instead.

I assume that the Warsaw fascists will have an anti-immigration policy, and will therefor be calling for the repatriation of their countrymen now living in the UK. There are fascists in the UK who would help them pack. Stopping migrants coming here for an easier life would also have the advantage of removing most Premier League footballers, giving my team a better chance.

I think I have some understanding of your concern about migrants. When I started teaching I'd never met a Polish child. Now our school has several. One girl's mother is a dentist who must have come here for an easier life but ended up working for the NHS instead.

Cute.

Polish migrants have come here legally. They haven't mob-rushed border controls without any paperwork. There is a difference......
Original post by Northican
Black people have their own countries, as a Black woman perhaps you are unable to see things from their WHITE perspective.

Black people have made it quite clear that they wish to replace our population with Black people. You really think we're all going to stand by and tolerate that?

You hide behind other White people you have guilt tripped into shilling for you.

Unless White British people, we Poles do not feel White guilt that you promote.

I have five fingers on each hand and the middle ones are for you.

Enjoy your life of anger and hatred. I don't care; I will continue to live my best life while you whine about "multiculturalism".
Cute.

Polish migrants have come here legally. They haven't mob-rushed border controls without any paperwork. There is a difference......

You are so right. They have only come here for an easier life. Those crossing borders with no paperwork or risking drowning in the Mediterranean are often fleeing a life so bad that the chance of death is a risk worth taking.
Personally I've welcomed Eastern Europeans and always found them to be hard-working and polite, but as you say, if we let these migrants in where do you draw the line?
You are so right. They have only come here for an easier life. Those crossing borders with no paperwork or risking drowning in the Mediterranean are often fleeing a life so bad that the chance of death is a risk worth taking.

If they are migrants and not refugees then why would they not have any paperwork at all ? For what reason ??

I think you are leaning more towards the argument that migrants should be allowed to settle in this country, or Poland, or any EU country so would that be an infinite quota you have in your head ? At what number would you pull up the drawbridge and wouldn't that be very unfair for the other desperate souls who missed out ??

I've no problem with economic migrants coming to this country legally but there has to be due process.Gang rushing Italian/Greek borders should not be a tactic we encourage. Where do YOU draw the line ?

Perhaps we should dispense with all border controls in Calais and let anyone who wants to come here settle ? Desperation should not be the sole criteria for allowing a non EU migrant to settle in a country. Every man's "desperation" is subjective.........

Quick Reply

Latest