The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Geography (pre 2016 spec)

Hi Everyone!

I'm currently in my A2 year of the AQA geography course. I did the units; Rivers, Coasts, Population and Energy last year, and this year am doing Plate Tectonics, Weather and Climate and World Cities. My college is also doing the paper 4B (prerelease prelim paper about migration in Africa).

Last year my revision technique was to use flashcards, mind maps and colourful posters, along with frequently rewriting and rereading my notes. I got an A in geography and as this is what I wanted to pursue I was over the moon.

This year I've been doing all of the same techniques that I listed above, but also incorporated far more exam technique and practice, reading and analysing examiner's reports and mark schemes etc. I was just wondering how everybody else is revising this year and how its working out for them?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Just quoting in Danny Dorito so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:

Spoiler

Original post by br0oke_xx
Hi Everyone!

I'm currently in my A2 year of the AQA geography course. I did the units; Rivers, Coasts, Population and Energy last year, and this year am doing Plate Tectonics, Weather and Climate and World Cities. My college is also doing the paper 4B (prerelease prelim paper about migration in Africa).

Last year my revision technique was to use flashcards, mind maps and colourful posters, along with frequently rewriting and rereading my notes. I got an A in geography and as this is what I wanted to pursue I was over the moon.

This year I've been doing all of the same techniques that I listed above, but also incorporated far more exam technique and practice, reading and analysing examiner's reports and mark schemes etc. I was just wondering how everybody else is revising this year and how its working out for them?

I'm doing A2 geography aswell doing tectonics, ecosystems, world cities and globalisation and the geog4b paper. For revision I've been doing some case study cards, note taking and practicing past paper questions which has been going quite well. I did this last year and got an B overall. An A in geog1, got a D in geog2 but I'm resitting that one.

What do you think the 40 mark essays might be? I'm hoping for destructive plate margins for the 8/10 marker. Think it might be plate tectonic theory for the 40 marker though as that one hasn't come up for a while and it's been mostly volcanoes for last 2 years. I've also been looking at mark schemes and find this very useful
Reply 3
Original post by fayeb1999
I'm doing A2 geography aswell doing tectonics, ecosystems, world cities and globalisation and the geog4b paper. For revision I've been doing some case study cards, note taking and practicing past paper questions which has been going quite well. I did this last year and got an B overall. An A in geog1, got a D in geog2 but I'm resitting that one.

What do you think the 40 mark essays might be? I'm hoping for destructive plate margins for the 8/10 marker. Think it might be plate tectonic theory for the 40 marker though as that one hasn't come up for a while and it's been mostly volcanoes for last 2 years. I've also been looking at mark schemes and find this very useful

Wow that's a lot of topics!! I use mark schemes and examiners reports too. They're so useful for getting to know exactly how examiners want you to answer questions. I think my main issue with revision is that I do too much, too slowly. I'm having to start trying to work out what I can't remember and revise that in depth, rather than attempting to revise everything in depth. I just read over notes and do activities on the stuff I think I know to recap on the topic.

I agree with you on the 40 marker. I think it will be plate tectonic theory, palaeomagnatism, etc and I think the weather one might be factors affecting U.K. Weather or tropical climates!

Fingers crossed for atleast an A this year. Good luck to you! Come and let me know on this thread how you think the exams went :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending