The Student Room Group
lol
(AS)

cultural domain- E 41/90
scientific domain- unclassified 33/90
social domain- D 65/120

these grades are just ridiculous, lol. Have no idea where i went wrong (overal an E) considering i got a B (3 marks off an A) in my mock :redface:

one of my friends missed half the paper out on one of the papers and still ended up with a C. Where on earth did i go wrong?!? lol
Reply 2
100/100, 57/100 and 80/100.
Reply 3
I got 100+100+88 = 288.
wow. where did i go wrong? lol
Reply 5
Cellardore
wow. where did i go wrong? lol

Aww what exam board was it? I forgot my calculator for the only one I needed it for and that was the one I got a highest mark for. Doesn't make any sense!
Ramaya
Aww what exam board was it? I forgot my calculator for the only one I needed it for and that was the one I got a highest mark for. Doesn't make any sense!

i was on edexcel. very confusing. I just think it's ridiculous. I must have got the lowest grade, lol. But it's wierd because while i was doing the exam, i wasn't thinking "oh my god, i don't know this, i'm going to fail" it was quite the opposite!
Reply 7
Cellardore
i was on edexcel. very confusing. I just think it's ridiculous. I must have got the lowest grade, lol. But it's wierd because while i was doing the exam, i wasn't thinking "oh my god, i don't know this, i'm going to fail" it was quite the opposite!

I think some people got U's for it at my school. I don't care about the results except that it's sandwiched between my geography and biology marks on my edexcel sheet :rolleyes:
Reply 8
my school is usually top in the league tables, but was eigth of something this year... perhaps due to my circle of friends, who all wrote 'a picture's worth 1000 words. so here's two' on their GS papers:/

as for me, i got full marks on culture, a B in social and a C in scientific. the shame!
OCR AS General Studies

Cultural - 71/90 (B)
Scientific - 85/90 (A)
Social - 120/120 (A)

= 276/300 (A)

These results are stupid: i felt that cultural was by far my best! However, the social domain was a lot like a geography exam so that explains my bizarre mark in that! I'm suprised at the sci result as well because my essay was written really poorly; must've been my geography knowledge and case study(again!) that got me such high marks!
Ramaya
I think some people got U's for it at my school. I don't care about the results except that it's sandwiched between my geography and biology marks on my edexcel sheet :rolleyes:

lol, mine's on a complete different sheet of paper. What would happen if i "accidently" lost that bit paper? :rolleyes: oh well...never mind

:rolleyes:
Reply 11
I got 567, largely due to a 60/90 in the french paper...
Reply 12
AQA:

Culture, Morality, Arts & Humanities (French): 60/90
Science, Maths & Technology: 90/90
Soc/Politics/Econ (Case Sudy - European Union): 120/120 :eek:

I'm a Mathematician - I hadn't written an essay in around a year and hadn't had a General Studies lesson since November. I had a quick glance (5 mins) though the pre-released material and they give me 100%! Granted I probably took it slightly more seriously than many people, but they must have thought the exam was very hard, so that to get 100% UMS mark you didn't need a very high score.

My overall score was 534/600, which was the highest of my 4 A-levels.
Uhm Not sure what units were what but -

Ed Excel AS
Unit 1 - 108/120
Unit 2 - 78/90
Unit 3 - 90/90
Reply 14
I got a B at AS. Only lost I mark on the scientific- really don't know how I managed that!!
Reply 15
I did edexcel and am a bit confused by mine...

I got 233/300 (B...i few marks off an A i think, i'm gonna resit)

so yeah one one module i got 105/120 (A), 54/90 (low C), 74/90 (A)...anyway, i dont know which module is which, i dont think i'm carrying on general studies next year but if i am i need to know which module i got the C on, it is unit 6452....i tried to look on their website but cant find it, i'm assuming its the science-y module cus i'm crap at science...help please!

Latest