The Student Room Group

Maths Is Ruining My Life!

I feel completely stuck,
I've never been very good at maths but now its crucial that I make progress. I've only got a few weeks until exam session starts and I don't feel prepared for any of the maths exams at all. I've been going to all of my school revision sessions, and I've been using past papers, and Hegarty maths. Nothing seems to be getting through. At the moment I'm working at a grade 1 and even though I would have to get a grade 4 to never have to take maths again, I really don't see that happening. It would be good to atleast get a grade 3 so I can get into the collage I really want to go to.

At the moment a grade 3 doesn't even seem possible and honestly, I think I might cry. In many maths papers in this new spec it's almost impossible for me to work out what the question is asking me from away that it's written a lot of the time. This makes me think that from my position in maths I don't stand I chance in making progress.

What am I doing wrong? Is there anything I can do to rectify my grades in such a small amount of time because honestly I'm stressing so much, maths is ruining my life. 😂
Reply 1
I'm sorry you feel this way.. but please don't cry :frown:

You've tried HEGARTYMATHS - what i suggest is watching his videos but before he goes through the question, have a good think about where to start with it and then if you get stuck - proceed to watch the video. You need to learn from mistakes before you get good; it is of no help to simply watch a video explaining something and then forgetting it in an hour. You need to practice what you've been taught, so for example: watch a video on expanding brackets then do x amount of questions on it until you understand how to do it etc... then repeat this with different topics until you get into the swing of things.
Hope this helps, but yeah, long story short - just practice as much as you can.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest