The Student Room Group

why am I so chill about gcses

I feel like I should be stressed but I'm not.. I know it sounds weird, and it's not even like I've done excessive amounts of revision - quite the contrary, actually. I'm just not feeling any stress or tension even though my first exam is this Friday. I'm more or less confident in my ability but I feel odd amongst all my friends who are panicking haha is anyone else experiencing this or am I going mad?
Be glad that you're not, stress is inherently negative!

I have similar experiences and unfortunately it does invoke thoughts such as: "am I doing something wrong? Should I be pulling obscene hours like my friends?". The answer to that is, if you can substantiate your ability, to yourself, then that is excellent, and you are certainly doing nothing wrong! :smile: Be careful, however, that your perception of ability is not an illusion.
Original post by humbert-humbert
I feel like I should be stressed but I'm not.. I know it sounds weird, and it's not even like I've done excessive amounts of revision - quite the contrary, actually. I'm just not feeling any stress or tension even though my first exam is this Friday. I'm more or less confident in my ability but I feel odd amongst all my friends who are panicking haha is anyone else experiencing this or am I going mad?

This was exactly like me last year!:tongue:
Original post by sunshine774
This was exactly like me last year!:tongue:

glad someone else relates! how did yours go?
Reply 4
because gcse are useless
Original post by _gcx
Be glad that you're not, stress is inherently negative!

I have similar experiences and unfortunately it does invoke thoughts such as: "am I doing something wrong? Should I be pulling obscene hours like my friends?". The answer to that is, if you can substantiate your ability, to yourself, then that is excellent, and you are certainly doing nothing wrong! :smile: Be careful, however, that your perception of ability is not an illusion.

thank you! I'm really hoping it's not just my inflated ego - we'll find out on results day, I guess lol! to be honest, I consume information quite quickly so I'm hoping I'm not too late by starting now. Oh well.
You are literally me last year, I never stress about exams even when I haven't revised that much. I got 2A*s 6As 4Bs
Just revise as much as you can you don't want to regret not trying hard enough
Lol rich kids so chill no worries
"GCSEs are piss easy!" - my rich friend's sister lmao
Original post by humbert-humbert
glad someone else relates! how did yours go?

Quite well actually- I got 3A*s, 6As, 2Bs!:biggrin:
I am VERY lucky I managed this with no revision (even though my predicted grades were high)!!!
I am completely working my *** off for a levels though- I am COMPLETELY different in terms of studying than I was at GCSE!:tongue:
I have my AS maths exams in 15 days...:tongue:
Reply 10
Damn I'm in the exact same position; I have so much pressure on me (Indian parents on me getting all A*s) and I've done :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: all for all the subjects, only revising for about 2 days before the exam, yet I feel super relaxed; I've spent the entire day watching Netflix (after CIE Geog paper 1 ofc) and I have german on thurdays :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest