Another Civil War?

Watch
masterwam
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
In our great nation's history, we had a Civil War between the Roundheads and the Cavaliers. I recently came across a tweet from a Jeremy Corbyn supporter (@arjan___) saying that young tories need to have their noses broken. This is in a wider context of the antifa in the USA, Authoritarian Swedes, red-green coalitions running the governments of capital cities and a fashion to punch neo-nazis.

I have always taken the view of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth I that we should not make windows into men's souls. Or in simpler terms, we should not police the thoughts of people. But considering the tweet and the wider context of attacking and policjng the opinions of their opponents, I am starting to not follow the views of Queen Elizabeth I and instead think a Civil War would be a good way to resolve our differences with the left. It would not be fought in sides like the first one but instead on libertarian (constitutional monarchy supporters, free marketeers, traditionalists and small state adovcates) and authoritarian (corbyn supporters, fellow left wing authoritarians, republicans and supporters of a massive welfare state) grounds.

Who would you fight for? or do you support violence against the right? I would be on the side of the libertarians
Quady
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
Are you purposely forgetting the other civil wars?

Only been 20 years since the last one formally ended.
masterwam
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Quady)
Are you purposely forgetting the other civil wars?

Only been 20 years since the last one formally ended.
I am very much aware of the previous ones but in terms of a civil war which had the most profound effect it was the one with the Parliamantarians and the Royalists which had the most profound effect on our country
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (78)
20.63%
Note taking apps (7)
1.85%
Flashcards (86)
22.75%
Revision guides (19)
5.03%
Past papers (173)
45.77%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (15)
3.97%

Watched Threads