Questions about brexit Watch

Quady
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by paul514)
Actually that's a misnomer as well if you keep the same financial legislation there is all sorts of stuff the city can do.

I'm not writing an essay on this point but you can search and read up on it.

It's a really complicated subject that doesn't suffer massively from no deal but it makes it a lot easier if there is one.

Oh and by the way loads of countries make wine and cheese lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cool, good. Why are they saying it's an issue then?

True, loads of countries also make whiskey too.
Maker
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Quady)

I was given some very nice Welsh whisky at Christmas and American whiskey is great too.
paul514
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by RogerOxon)
Did you read the "If there is no agreement"? It is a possible scenario, although one that both side would want to avoid IMO.

IMO, allowing British pensioners to live in the rest of Europe, using cheap healthcare that they didn't pay for during their working lives, will be problematic. Either the UK has to give something valuable to Europe, e.g. free movement of people, or will have to pay.

Wouldn't it be funny if those that voted 'leave' to reduce the number of immigrants, and hence the pressure on housing and public services, actually got an influx of British pensioners instead? I seriously doubt that most 'leave' voters thought the consequences through.
But that simply isn't going to happen plus we already pay healthcare costs for our citizens in the eu and visa versa

Posted from TSR Mobile
paul514
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Quady)

Because it's not optimal

Posted from TSR Mobile
RogerOxon
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by paul514)
But that simply isn't going to happen plus we already pay healthcare costs for our citizens in the eu and visa versa
It might be unlikely, but there are a huge number of issues to be discussed, and I would expect some quid pro quo. There's uncertainty in what will be agreed.
richard10012
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
so we are f****d?
MaryDingleberry
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by richard10012)
What are the chances of the UK getting a good deal from the EU? Will the EU want to punish us by taking away our euro clearing facilities, making us paying us huge sums for access to the single market? Will brexit make other EU countries decide to leave the EU? Will EU collapse?
FYI I will try and answer this as neutrally as possible, however Brexit so far has proven to be economic suicide without the a clear answer to businesses, however that is without a deal, so things will hopefully look less bleak with a stable deal/remain. The idea that the EU want us to suffer is ridiculous, it is basically propaganda to demonize the for our own failures. Trade agreements take 8 years on average, why set a clock for 2 on an advisory vote? They didn't accept our deals because they were illegal (the Irish backstop is a huge problem).

Brzenzski predicted the dissolution of the EU and I believe he was right, I was just hoping we the UK wouldn't be 'the fall guy' during the right wing movement that has now more or less subsided. The EU formation was easy at the time, remember it was post war and even the victors such as the UK's economies were in a dire state. We needed to build a stable economy within the block which everyone worked towards, without this a power vacuum would've created conflict and possibly a new WW3. However that fear has gone; much to the our arrogance, therefore we forgot why we needed the EU and the true power it offered us, it gave us a comfy position in the world for too long, which made the far right fringe politics easily able to manipulate itself into control.

Soon the EU will forget what happened to the UK economy and the cycle will continue. How long? I don't know.
ColinDent
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by BobBobson)
no deal is better than staying in EU.
No deal is indeed better than staying in the EU, but I would prefer a good negotiated deal myself.
ColinDent
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by MaryDingleberry)
FYI I will try and answer this as neutrally as possible, however Brexit so far has proven to be economic suicide without the a clear answer to businesses, however that is without a deal, so things will hopefully look less bleak with a stable deal/remain. The idea that the EU want us to suffer is ridiculous, it is basically propaganda to demonize the for our own failures. Trade agreements take 8 years on average, why set a clock for 2 on an advisory vote? They didn't accept our deals because they were illegal (the Irish backstop is a huge problem).

Brzenzski predicted the dissolution of the EU and I believe he was right, I was just hoping we the UK wouldn't be 'the fall guy' during the right wing movement that has now more or less subsided. The EU formation was easy at the time, remember it was post war and even the victors such as the UK's economies were in a dire state. We needed to build a stable economy within the block which everyone worked towards, without this a power vacuum would've created conflict and possibly a new WW3. However that fear has gone; much to the our arrogance, therefore we forgot why we needed the EU and the true power it offered us, it gave us a comfy position in the world for too long, which made the far right fringe politics easily able to manipulate itself into control.

Soon the EU will forget what happened to the UK economy and the cycle will continue. How long? I don't know.
Yawn, I bet people love chatting to you at parties.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (93)
16.61%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (58)
10.36%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (99)
17.68%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (84)
15%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (56)
10%
How can I be the best version of myself? (170)
30.36%

Watched Threads