Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I just wanted to ask you some questions
    First of all, I have an interest in dentistry and would love to become a dentist!
    I received my AS level results today and got 1 A and 3 C's. Now I dont know if thats alright but I was 3 or 4 makrs away from a B in subjects which I got C's in.
    I was thinkning of re-sitting the modules but I dont know if I will get conditional offers until I gert my new grades in MArch. I dont know what's gonna happen
    In my IGCSEs, i got 1 A, 3 B's and 2 c's. I did my IGCSEs from Switzerland.
    The thing is that I have been moving my whole life as my dad is a diplomat. I think that affected my schooling.
    My tutor also said that it will be hard getting in the university because of my grades
    The thing is that I dont know what to do . I really want to do denstistry and i kow you might receive these kind of emails everday but right now I am in a weird situation.
    Could you also tell me if its possible to do something in dentistry apart from a BDS degree and then do a BDS degree afterwards for eg. become a dental hygienest and then do BDS degree but not d othe full 5 years?
    Please help me
    P i also heard thats its easier getting into scottish uni's compared to uni's in UK
    My name is Ammar Basit
    Thanx
    Eagerly waiting for your reply

ReputationRep:
    I managed to get offers for dentistry on the back of ABCD AS levels, just remember results aren't the be all and end all.

ReputationRep:
    cool man ... at least i have some hope but how did u go about it ..?
    I mean how did they actualyl let u apply and what grades did the UNI's see of urs ??
    I m sutck on my personal statement as well ... u have msn .. mabye u could help me with my personal statement and much easier to chat on

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 20, 2004
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.