Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I got my AS results back, and I got AAAB. I should be predicted AAA for A2, but it might be AAB, with the B in geog (which is what I want to do at uni). For unis that ask for AAA, have I blown it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aimée123)
    I got my AS results back, and I got AAAB. I should be predicted AAA for A2, but it might be AAB, with the B in geog (which is what I want to do at uni). For unis that ask for AAA, have I blown it?

no

ReputationRep:
    yes

ReputationRep:
    No, besides you should get an AAA prediction, make sure you do.

ReputationRep:
    no

ReputationRep:
    you still might get in, but if an A in biology was required, then AAAB(with B in biology) is not the same as AAA..especially not for Cambridge and Oxford..

ReputationRep:
    Blown it?

Are you crazy?!

You got absolutely BRILLAINT grades, excellent work!

ReputationRep:
    Not at all. I got AABC for my AS levels (ABC in the subjects I was continuing to A2) I knew I needed AAA prediction and I got it. My Chemistry teachers predicted me an A because I missed an A grade by one mark at AS. My Maths teachers wanted to predict me a B but I argued with them because a) there were reasons why I underperformed in Maths at AS and b) because I knew I wouldn't get an interview at Bristol if I was only predicted AAB. I had to argue for three days and sit a test but they gave in eventually. Consequently, I got an interview at Bristol, got an offer and got AAA in my A2s so I would advise arguing your case even if they predict you AAB but I'm sure they will just predict you AAA. Great results anyway- well done!

ReputationRep:
    Not at all.
    I got the same grades as you at AS. I was dropping the subject I got a B in anyway, but I declined the grade in order to resit one module. When it came to uni applications, I only had to declare the 3 As I'd scored in my main subjects. I also picked up an additional AS-level in my A2 year. I ended up with plenty of university offers, an interview at Cambridge, and now AAAaa and a place at Bristol
    Don't stress, your grades are fantastic, and if you decline in order to pull your grade up, the unis won't even know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aimée123)
    ehh why would you not get predicted 3As? At my school, nearly everyone who get Bs get predicted an A... you'll have no probs.

ReputationRep:
    No. 'Blown it?' With your grades? I very much doubt it. At the most, you have made a very tiny, insignificant dent in your chances of getting an A next year, and by the time you've retaken your worst module in Jan, even this tiny speck on your otherwise immaculate grades will be forgotten. So don't stress. Look, all these people have told you that you have nothing to worry about!

ReputationRep:
    I was expecting DDD... with that thread title.
    AAAB are great results. Why not let those that have really blown it make these threads? Like me - My uni had pity though, so I am sorted.
    w.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.