StupidIdiot21
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
So I have my Cambridge french IGCSE writing and listening tomorrow. I want to know what things I need to be able to do in order to get myself at least a C. If any of you have done a CIE paper before please help me. Do I need to be able to form all the different tenses? how many verbs should I know? adjectives? Anything would help.
Thanks
Bertybassett
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
is this the new 9-1 gcse or tge old a* to u gcse?
(Original post by WillR123)
So I have my Cambridge french IGCSE writing and listening tomorrow. I want to know what things I need to be able to do in order to get myself at least a C. If any of you have done a CIE paper before please help me. Do I need to be able to form all the different tenses? how many verbs should I know? adjectives? Anything would help.
Thanks
StupidIdiot21
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bertybassett)
is this the new 9-1 gcse or tge old a* to u gcse?
No. It's the Cambridge IGCSE A* - G.
weekendkid
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm writing my French listening and writing tommorow too! I hope the exam isn't too tough.
If you're looking for a C, for the writing section I would suggest that you know plus or minus 20 verbs, as well as a basic past, present and future tense to express yourself in.
The listening is pretty straightforward, but when in doubt, sound it out. More often than not, cambridge will give you the marks if the word you write just sounds correct.
Have you tried any past papers? I would suggest starting from there and working backwards. Take it easy though, french isn't too tough.

Good luck xxx
Alexking23976
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thanks
I've got this exact exam tomorrow!! Definitely not freaking out...!! I've just been practising past paper listenings and for the writing just making sure I know at least some verbs (including irregulars) in past, present and future because those are kinda the only tenses you need to know and if you've got some verbs prepared then it will definitely be easier (at least that's what I'm hoping) also you'll be great so don't worry!! We're all in this together (cheesy I know 😂) 👍🏼
StupidIdiot21
Rep:
?
(Original post by Alexking23976)
I've got this exact exam tomorrow!! Definitely not freaking out...!! I've just been practising past paper listenings and for the writing just making sure I know at least some verbs (including irregulars) in past, present and future because those are kinda the only tenses you need to know and if you've got some verbs prepared then it will definitely be easier (at least that's what I'm hoping) also you'll be great so don't worry!! We're all in this together (cheesy I know 😂) 👍🏼
How did you find the listening? I found it so hard I wanted to cry during the exam. The writing was decent though. oh well. I Don't particularly care about French, always has been my worst subject.
Alexking23976
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
How did you find the listening? I found it so hard I wanted to cry during the exam. The writing was decent though. oh well. I Don't particularly care about French, always has been my worst subject.
I agree the listening was so hard!! And it didn't help that I was really unwell on the day of the exam but oh well... good luck for the rest of your GCSEs!! ☺️
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (145)
14.4%
I'm not sure (42)
4.17%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (302)
29.99%
I have already dropped out (26)
2.58%
I'm not a current university student (492)
48.86%

Watched Threads