The Student Room Group

Failing/ underperforming in my GCSEs

Stupidly, ive chosen very hard GCSEs! Maths, English literature and language, double science, french, re, geography and history. I'm predicted 2 6s, a 7, 2As, an A*, a B and 2 Cs (french and re). I've been revising flat since christmas, but with 2 weeks to go I'm stressed as I feel that I can't forfill these target grades despite my teachers views. I'm tired, upset and feel like whatever I do won't be enough. After promising my teachers these grades with previous results it's getting ontop of me and Im worried I'll fail completly. Please help 😞
Mate, I dont think i even did that much revision, and i got 3 Bs, and the rest were Cs except french which i got a D for.
Reply 2
Original post by BerniHurton
Mate, I dont think i even did that much revision, and i got 3 Bs, and the rest were Cs except french which i got a D for.

So I could just wing it and be ok?
Original post by Mouseyx
So I could just wing it and be ok?

If those are your predicted grades, then your teachers clearly think you know the stuff anyway.
Reply 4
Original post by BerniHurton
If those are your predicted grades, then your teachers clearly think you know the stuff anyway.

I'll just try and learn the most I can then. Thankyou!
Original post by Mouseyx
I'll just try and learn the most I can then. Thankyou!

If you've been revising flat since Christmas you're probably well prepared! You're making me worried; I'm predicted 11A*s after my mock results in January and I only resumed revision in Easter a few weeks ago!
Try doing some practice papers? They normally make me feel much more in control as they give you a fairly accurate idea of what grade you are currently working at (useful for maths. sciences & geography but not sure about essay subjects)
Good luck!!
Reply 6
Original post by koala789
If you've been revising flat since Christmas you're probably well prepared! You're making me worried; I'm predicted 11A*s after my mock results in January and I only resumed revision in Easter a few weeks ago!
Try doing some practice papers? They normally make me feel much more in control as they give you a fairly accurate idea of what grade you are currently working at (useful for maths. sciences & geography but not sure about essay subjects)
Good luck!!

Thankyou so much for that advice!! Don't be worried, if you're predicted such good grades then you must have a lot of natural knowledge. 😱 I'll definitly try some past paper questions, they might boost my confidence a little bit! Good luck to you too!!
Original post by Mouseyx
Thankyou so much for that advice!! Don't be worried, if you're predicted such good grades then you must have a lot of natural knowledge. 😱 I'll definitly try some past paper questions, they might boost my confidence a little bit! Good luck to you too!!

I agree because I started proper revsion during Easter and I kind of regret it, but if you have been revising flat since Christmas you will definitely get your grades. 👍 Good luck!
Reply 8
Original post by TheAlchemistress
I agree because I started proper revsion during Easter and I kind of regret it, but if you have been revising flat since Christmas you will definitely get your grades. 👍 Good luck!

Thankyou, I can't wait for them to be over!
Original post by Mouseyx

Haha thank you - I revised a lot for the mocks though!
Yeah I think the best thing to calm your nerves is to just do a whole past paper start to finish in timed conditions; it will show you how far you have come on since starting revision and prove to you that you can get those grades :smile: x
Reply 10
Original post by koala789
Haha thank you - I revised a lot for the mocks though!
Yeah I think the best thing to calm your nerves is to just do a whole past paper start to finish in timed conditions; it will show you how far you have come on since starting revision and prove to you that you can get those grades :smile: x

Literally grabbing some geography questions from Google now 😝 thankyouuuu

Quick Reply