AQA (Spec B)

Total UMS & grade?
    243/300 (A)

Individual module marks?
    ENB1 - 84/105 :confused:
    ENB2 - 77/105 :mad:
    ENB3 - 82/90

Happy? If not, are you retaking?
    No and yes! The ENB1 & 2 results should have been the other way round! ENB1 did not deserve an A, more like a D, whereas Unit 2, i felt, deserved a good A! Daymn! Retaking ENB2 (not that i *swear word here* want to cos that was a damn good exam *cries*)

ReputationRep:
    You know, I also got a crap mark in the Unit 2 for Spec B, but good in the others...has something gone on maybe? Which questions did you do? I did Gender and Power.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, i got a C for english lang, overall it was 196/300, quite bad, im going to retake ENB1, (intro to the study of language) , because i only just scraped a C on that one, next time, if i can manage a high B or even an A, i will get a B overall which would be great

Well done siany for ur good grade in English, it was a hard exam i thought!

ReputationRep:
    Level (AS/A2)?
    AS

Exam board?
    AQA (Spec B)

Total UMS & grade?
    247/300 (A - would have been comfortable with a much higher grade, because I'd have room for messing up next year, but still an A).

Individual module marks?
    1 - 87/105 (A)
    2 - 83/105 (B I think - was hoping for a high A in the literature section, but still, it was 79% so in the long run, it's not going to make MUCH difference.)
    3 - 78/90 (A)

No point retaking the novels section because I'll have to learn a new book, waste of time, because there's no guarantee I'll do better. I was suprised about doing better on the poetry, though, because the novels are my strongest point in ANY subject. Just need to work harder next year - it's Othello, so it'll be pretty standard.

Did you do a coursework module? If so, what did you do? I did a movie review (Pirates of the Caribbean ) and a radio play.

ReputationRep:
    as

AQA (spec b)

229/300, B

98/105 (A)
    46/105 (D!)
    85/90 (A)

My mark for the social contexts paper(unit 2) is disgusting, look at it compared to the other two! Im retaking it in January to push unit 2 up by as many marks as possible, and to push it all up to an A.

ReputationRep:
    Level (AS/A2)?
    AS

Exam board?
    WJEC

Total UMS & grade?
    217/300 {B}

Individual module marks?
    ELL1 -- Poetry -- 65/90 {B}
    ELL2 -- Creative Writing (?) -- 73/90 {A}
    ELL3 -- The Color Purple (novel) / Unseen Text -- 79/120 {C}

I might resit ELL3. Maybe ELL1 too.

ReputationRep:
    What did you all get?

Level (AS/A2)?
    AS

Exam board?
    AQA (Spec B)

Total UMS & grade?
    273/300 (A)

Individual module marks?
    ENB1 - 102/105
    ENB2 - 93/105
    ENB3 - 78/90

Yes, I'm happy! I did much better than I could've hoped for, and it really made me feel good about myself after so many absenses from the Friday afternoon lessons!!

ReputationRep:
    I was 2 marks off an A, my coursework got marked down i think, ill just b resitting one of the modules.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gringalet)
    You know, I also got a crap mark in the Unit 2 for Spec B, but good in the others...has something gone on maybe? Which questions did you do? I did Gender and Power.
    Gender and Power as well. I thought Power was so easy, and gender was ok, so i am not happy with my result.

ReputationRep:
    I did questions on gender(which I thought was o-k) and power(which I thought was really straight forward and simple) also, and left the exam room confident that Id done reasonably well on that paper(I was more worried about the intro into the study of language paper), so to get a D on that unit is quite strange.

My parents wanted it remarked but as most of my class did quite badly on that Ive just been advised to retake- Im just worried, seeing as though I thought Id done quite well, Ill make the same mistakes again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marychrist)
    I did questions on gender(which I thought was o-k) and power(which I thought was really straight forward and simple) also, and left the exam room confident that Id done reasonably well on that paper(I was more worried about the intro into the study of language paper), so to get a D on that unit is quite strange.

My parents wanted it remarked but as most of my class did quite badly on that Ive just been advised to retake- Im just worried, seeing as though I thought Id done quite well, Ill make the same mistakes again.
    Wow, snap! Everything you said, bar the parents bit, is the same for me. And i got a B not a D, but the same still happened! My teacher just said "It is a hard exam."

ReputationRep:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What did you all get?

Level (AS/A2)?
    A2

Exam board?
    Edexcel

Total UMS & grade?
    541/600 A

Individual module marks?
    Unit 4: 90/90
    Unit 5: 74/90
    Unit 6: 119/120

Very happy. Not retakin.

ReputationRep:
    Level (AS/A2)?
    A2

Exam board?
    AQA (Spec B)

Total UMS & grade?
    555/600 (A)

Individual module marks?
    ENB1 - 96/105
    ENB2 - 105/105
    ENB3 - 82/90
    ENB4 - 82/90
    ENB5 - 84/90
    ENB6 - 106/120

Very happy! ENB6 surprised me, since I didn't really revise for it and felt like I hadn't said anything very clever. I was also pleased by ENB5 since I resat it and went from 71/90 to 84, and for the original I did lots of prep work, and for the retake I read the pre-relaease material on the bus on the way there. I suppose it just shows how subjective that exam is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    Wow, snap! Everything you said, bar the parents bit, is the same for me. And i got a B not a D, but the same still happened! My teacher just said "It is a hard exam."
    My teacher went through the papers in class with us a couple of weeks after the exam and was asking us what we'd put, she seemed really positive about my responses so I wasnt expecting a D. I havent had a chance to speak to either of my english teachers yet but I will in september, and ask where I went wrong.

ReputationRep:
    What area of the UK are you two in? Maybe we had the same examiner marking it... Seems a bit strange to me. My teacher had gone on all year -- much to my embarrassment -- about how I was going to get an A, and then I didn't! Quite amusing, really. I think I'll get it remarked, and if nothing happens, just leave it. Can't be bothered with retakes!

ReputationRep:
    Level (AS/A2)?
    A2

Exam board?
    Edexcel

Total UMS & grade?
    475/600 (B.. 5 points off of the A!)

Individual module marks?
    ENG1 - 69/90 (B)
    ENG2 - 72/120 (C)
    ENG3 - 74/90 (A)

ENG4 - 83/90 (A)
    ENG5 - 84/90 (A)
    ENG6 - 93/120 (B)

All I needed was BBB for uni, so no: not retaking! I did so well this year in comparison to last... I loved the A2, but hated the AS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gringalet)
    What area of the UK are you two in? Maybe we had the same examiner marking it... Seems a bit strange to me. My teacher had gone on all year -- much to my embarrassment -- about how I was going to get an A, and then I didn't! Quite amusing, really. I think I'll get it remarked, and if nothing happens, just leave it. Can't be bothered with retakes!
    I live in Hampshire...you?
    My friend, who got the top mark in our year for English language GCSE, got a B in AS this year because of that Social Contexts exam, which we both found ok! I really don't get what's gone wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Im in West Sussex.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'm in the Isle of Man, which is North West, so nowhere near you...but your two counties are next to each other, aren't they?

I got an A* for Eng Lang GCSE, so a B for this AS, although not a bad mark, is slightly disappointing...maybe I just messed up the exam -- it was my last one of the day, which had consisted of 3 hours of German in the morning, and obviously Unit 1 beforehand, so my brain was probably a little tired! But I did feel at the time, like you two, that that one had gone far better than the first exam. Ah well!

ReputationRep:
    yeh Hampshire and West Sussex are next to each other I guess.

The social contexts paper was my fifth exam that day, so I also wondered if my fatigue was reflected in my mark. It just seems really bizarre that everybody thought they had done well, only to be disappointed.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.