Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What were people's UMS like?

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone tell me what the unit's were? I'm on edexcel but don't know what Units 1, 2 and 3 are i.e oral, reading, etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flompy)
    Can anyone tell me what the unit's were? I'm on edexcel but don't know what Units 1, 2 and 3 are i.e oral, reading, etc.
    Unit 1 - Listening & Writing
    Unit 2 - Reading & Writing
    Unit 3 - Oral Presentation

I totally screwed up unit 1 for a reason unbeknown to me, I got an A on unit 2 and just missed the A on unit 3, yet I got a D on unit 1. I don't get it. There goes my A grade...

ReputationRep:
    German was mean.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eternal Fantasy)
    Unit 1 - Listening & Writing
    Unit 2 - Reading & Writing
    Unit 3 - Oral Presentation

I totally screwed up unit 1 for a reason unbeknown to me, I got an A on unit 2 and just missed the A on unit 3, yet I got a D on unit 1. I don't get it. There goes my A grade...
    EXACTLY what happened to me!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. I got a C on Unit 1. Urrrgh. My taperecorder didn't work, so I lost about 15mins on the exam,whilst they sorted me out with another 1, and only got 2mins extra at the end....I'll put it down to that lol.

ReputationRep:
    my A2 mark was ok- got 71 on the coursework (was expecting to get a LOT higher than that!) but for some bizarre reason i got an A on my oral- 92/105! doesn't make sense after my abominable performance.did ok on the unit4 paper, but that wasn't a horrible paper anyway. still disappointed with the coursework though, i was convinced i'd checked everything through and thought i'd done quite well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    my A2 mark was ok- got 71 on the coursework (was expecting to get a LOT higher than that!) but for some bizarre reason i got an A on my oral- 92/105! doesn't make sense after my abominable performance.did ok on the unit4 paper, but that wasn't a horrible paper anyway. still disappointed with the coursework though, i was convinced i'd checked everything through and thought i'd done quite well
    You get an A overall?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    EXACTLY what happened to me!
    Really?! See, now I'm suspicious... is this Edexcel? Did you think Unit 1 had gone OK though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eternal Fantasy)
    Really?! See, now I'm suspicious... is this Edexcel? Did you think Unit 1 had gone OK though?
    Nah, it was AQA. Yeah, I thought my writing was the worst and I got 90/90, and I thought I did ok for reading and listening but got a C for it

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.